All agri policies will be farmer-centric: Nitish
Patna: Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar
on Wednesday said all policies to be evolved in the field of
agriculture would be farmer-centric to promote production,
quality and income.
Inaugurating Horticulture Festival 2011, Kumar said 88
per cent of the total population in the state live in rural
areas and agriculture was the primary source for their
"Thus, whatever policy will be framed in the field of
agriculture will have thrust on protecting the interests of
farmers to facilitate and promote production, productivity,
income and quality," he said.
Stating that Bihar had to play a vital role in eastern
India for ushering in the second green revolution, the chief
minister said, "we have to ensure food security, besides
ensuring production of nutritional food grains and export the
agriculture products to markets for generation of more and
"The dream of development of agriculture in Bihar will be
possible only when we involve to ensure progress of farmers
and promote their income," Kumar said.
Referring to establishment of the first-ever agriculture
cabinet, he said it would have immense contribution in
execution of the agriculture road map and help review farming
"There are 17 departments which have been engaged in the
task for achieving the state`s dream in the field of
agriculture with their representation to the agriculture
cabinet," Kumar said.
The state government had accorded top priority to
agriculture and appointed agriculture expert Mangla Rai as its
adviser on agriculture affairs to the chief minister.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling