All credit to Nitish for his success: Cong
New Delhi: Congress Wednesday gave all credit
to Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar for the ruling JD(U)-BJP
combine`s success in Bihar Assembly Elections and said law and
order in the state improved under his regime.
Party spokesperson Jayanti Natarajan said Congress
went alone in the elections and it preferred to build a proper
"All credit to him (Kumar) for his success... law and
order did improve under Nitish Kumar," Natarajan said.
Asked about party`s poor performance in the polls, she
said there was always a desire among the Congress workers that
the party should go it alone and find its own place.
She said the trend was started by party chief Sonia
Gandhi and AICC general secretary Rahul Gandhi. "We will
pursue it in future as well as," she said.
Acknowledging that there is difference between UP and
Bihar, Natarajan expressed confidence that "next time, we will
improve our tally".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Sad reality behind the shutting down of the historic Gita Press
- Sonakshi Sinha apologises to Sarabjit, accused in Tilak Nagar case
- Twists and turns: Possible theories about Sheena Bora's murder
- DNA: With new facts emerging, Sheena Bora's murder mystery further deepens
- Sheena Bora murder: Mikhail to be brought to Mumbai for questioning
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Sheena Bora was introduced to me as aunt: Indrani Mukerjea-Sanjeev Khanna's daughter Vidhie
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- A peek into Indrani Mukerjea's past
- Sheena Bora murder case: When Indrani Mukerjea broke down during questioning