All credit to Nitish for his success: Cong
New Delhi: Congress Wednesday gave all credit
to Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar for the ruling JD(U)-BJP
combine`s success in Bihar Assembly Elections and said law and
order in the state improved under his regime.
Party spokesperson Jayanti Natarajan said Congress
went alone in the elections and it preferred to build a proper
"All credit to him (Kumar) for his success... law and
order did improve under Nitish Kumar," Natarajan said.
Asked about party`s poor performance in the polls, she
said there was always a desire among the Congress workers that
the party should go it alone and find its own place.
She said the trend was started by party chief Sonia
Gandhi and AICC general secretary Rahul Gandhi. "We will
pursue it in future as well as," she said.
Acknowledging that there is difference between UP and
Bihar, Natarajan expressed confidence that "next time, we will
improve our tally".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan