‘All help to farmers adopting organic farming’
Patna: Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar
on Wednesday said his government would provide all-possible help to
farmers for adopting "organic farming".
Inaugurating a three-day International Conference here,
Kumar said elaborate measures have been taken for organic
farming in Bihar.
Stating that the state government was giving more
importance to organic farming, he said "we have initiated
works on a special programme for promoting organic farming on
which a sum of Rs 250 crore will be spent".
"Under the programme, one village in each of the 38
districts in Bihar will be identified as organic village," he
said adding the state government had made the production of
"Worm Compost" need-based and in the first year itself, around
40,000 farmers reaped the benefits of it.
"Now now a programme has been launched for making worm
compost commercial," he said, adding the state government had
decided to give 50 per cent concession under the programme to
those who would plan to set up biogas units in Bihar together
with production of worm compost.
He said the state government had provided free of cost
one lakh quintal "Dhaincha Seed" to farmers during this Kharif
season and "we want that the fertility of the land is
protected at all costs".
“We are also trying to promote bio fertiliser and the
organic fertiliser will be made available free of cost to
farmers for seed development,” Kumar said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Watch: Report on delayed development in Ayodhya
- Pak High Commission staffer grilled for spying, released later
- DNA: Ground reporting of the deteriorating sanctity of Ayodhya
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- National Geographic's famed ''Afghan Girl'' arrested in Pakistan for forgery
- Hrithik Roshan, Yami Gautam's 'Kaabil' trailer shocks Rakesh Roshan
- India vs New Zealand, 4th ODI: As it happened...