All Mahadalit families must be provided land : Nitish Kumar
Patna: Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar on Wednesday directed the revenue department to provide land by this fiscal to all Mahadalit families in the state for housing.
Presiding over a high-level meeting, he directed Principal Secretary (Revenue) C Ashok Bardhan to ensure it.
For those Mahadalit families which have been given land but could not construct houses, an action plan should be prepared by a panel headed by the Development Commissioner Phul Singh to provide assistance to them for the purpose under the Indira Avas Yojana (IAY), Kumar said.
The chief minister also directed covering over 40,000 Mahadalit households under Dasrath Manjhi Skill Development Scheme to enable Mahadalit youths to attain skills to enhance employment prospects.
In addition, 15.20 lakh beneficiaries from the Mahadalit families will be given radio sets at an estimated cost of Rs 62 crore under the Chief Minister Mahadalit Radio Scheme.
He asked the officials to build 3000 community buildings in the Mahadalit habitats and provide martial arts training to all SC/ST youths, besides for installation of solar lamps and TV sets in all community buildings.
Kumar said the concerned departments undertaking schemes for the uplift of the Mahadalits should ensure that various schemes in this regard be implemented by `Vikas Mitras` who will work as the bridge between the intended beneficiaries and the state government and its agencies.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- BMC elections 2017: Who will be the Mayor of Mumbai?
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- World's heaviest woman loses 50 kilos in just 12 days