All Mahadalit families must be provided land : Nitish Kumar
Patna: Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar on Wednesday directed the revenue department to provide land by this fiscal to all Mahadalit families in the state for housing.
Presiding over a high-level meeting, he directed Principal Secretary (Revenue) C Ashok Bardhan to ensure it.
For those Mahadalit families which have been given land but could not construct houses, an action plan should be prepared by a panel headed by the Development Commissioner Phul Singh to provide assistance to them for the purpose under the Indira Avas Yojana (IAY), Kumar said.
The chief minister also directed covering over 40,000 Mahadalit households under Dasrath Manjhi Skill Development Scheme to enable Mahadalit youths to attain skills to enhance employment prospects.
In addition, 15.20 lakh beneficiaries from the Mahadalit families will be given radio sets at an estimated cost of Rs 62 crore under the Chief Minister Mahadalit Radio Scheme.
He asked the officials to build 3000 community buildings in the Mahadalit habitats and provide martial arts training to all SC/ST youths, besides for installation of solar lamps and TV sets in all community buildings.
Kumar said the concerned departments undertaking schemes for the uplift of the Mahadalits should ensure that various schemes in this regard be implemented by `Vikas Mitras` who will work as the bridge between the intended beneficiaries and the state government and its agencies.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP: Jammu-bound Muri Express derails in Kaushambi
- CBSE Board Class 12th Exam Results 2015 declared
- Delhi's 2015 CBSE Class 12 topper M Gayatri talks to Zee Media
- Dawood's intercepted phone calls prove yet again he is in Pakistan
- Watch: Mumbai cops find new secret agents in housewives!
- One year of Modi govt: PM promises to fulfil aspirations
- No respite from heat for next three days: IMD
- One year of Modi govt: PM addresses mega rally in Mathura
- DNA: Sikh man in New Zealand removed his turban to help injured kid
- Police registers case after parachute-like objects were spotted over Mumbai airport
- Hundreds die as heat wave continues in India
- Growing medical negligence in Delhi's AIIMS
- DNA: AIIMS doctor removes both kidneys of minor, claims she had only one
- 2G scam: Ex-TRAI chief alleges Manmohan Singh had warned him to cooperate
- Pranab Mukherjee defends Bofors scam, says it was just a media trial
- Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 declared
- Check WBBSE (wbresults.nic.in) Class 12th Results: West Bengal Board (wbscvet.org) Higher Secondary Class XII Vocational Results to be declared today at 4 PM
- Two dead, over 100 injured as Muri Express derails in UP; Prabhu announces Rs 2 lakhs ex-gratia for kin of dead
- PM Narendra Modi's Mathura rally: As it happened
- Public rally on 100 days of AAP govt: As it happened
- One year of NDA govt: PM Modi writes open letter to nation, promises to transform India
- World optimistic about India: PM Narendra Modi on 1 year of NDA govt
- Unidentified flying objects spotted over Mumbai airport not motorised: Home Department
- Bharatiya Janata Party lacks majority for Ram Temple, Article 370: Amit Shah
- AAP govt moves resolution against MHA notification: As it happened
- China doesn't recognise 'illegal' McMahon Line: Beijing responds to NSA Ajit Doval
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow
- CBSE 10th Results 2015 to be declared on May 27
- CBSE Class 12th Board Exam Results 2015: cbseresults.nic.in crashes
- CBSE Results 2015: Girls outperform boys in Class 12 Board Exams