All med colleges, hospitals to have MRI, CT scan
Patna: All six medical colleges and hospitals in Bihar will have MRI and CT scan facilities within the next four months, a health official said Wednesday.
The MRI and CT scan equipments will not only enable the patients to undergo check-up at the government medical colleges and hospitals for brain-related problems, but to also assist the medical students studying in the Master of Medicine (MD) course there, Principal Secretary (Health) Amarjeet Sinha told reporters here.
Sinha said that the Bihar Medical Services and Infrastructure Corporation (BMSIC) had floated tenders for purchase of the MRI and CT scan equipments and those bidding for the contract will have to ensure maintenance of these equipments for the next five years.
The MRI and CT scan facilities will be installed at the government medical colleges and hospitals at Patna (PMCH and NMCH), Muzaffarpur, Bhagalpur, Darbhanga and Gaya even as Darbhanga medical college and hospital has such facilities under Public-Private-Partnership (PPP) mode, the official said.
The health department has also proposed to make all government and private hospitals and nursing homes accountable for medical services and for that the state government will implement the Clinical Establishment Act under which registration of all private nursing homes have been made mandatory, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- Zee Media Exclusive: The plight of yoga expert Tejaswi Sharma
- Woman denied flat in Mumbai for being a Muslim
- 4 Indians in Forbes' 100 most powerful women list
- BBV: What challenges lie ahead of Modi govt?
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads
- DNA analysis of rising water crisis in India!
- DNA: Delhi shop owners express their plight through Zee initiative 'My News'
- Watch: Zee Media mega survey on Modi govt- Part 2
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads- Part II
- Heat wave continues in India, death toll climbs to over 1,400
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced today
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark
- First look: Salman Khan steals thunder in `Bajrangi Bhaijaan`
- mahresult.nic.in updated with MSBSHSE Maharashtra HSC Class XII Result 2015
- Manmohan Singh defends himself on 2G charge, slams Modi govt for 'carbon copy' schemes
- Check cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 10 Result 2015
- Sonia Gandhi 'unconstitutional authority' during UPA: PM Narendra Modi
- Hours after attacking NDA govt, Manmohan Singh meets PM Narendra Modi
- Reservation stir: Five percent job quota to Gujjars unlikely, hints Rajasthan govt
- PMO website revamped, now send e-mail to PM Modi directly
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- Death toll climbs to over 1400 as intense heatwave continues in India