Alleged mastermind, 18 others arrested in Khagaria carnage
Patna: As many as 19 of the 37 persons, named
in the FIR relating to the killing of 16 people in Khagaria
district on October one, including alleged mastermind O P
Shah, have been arrested.
"We have so far arrested 19 persons, including O P Shah
and interrogating two to three more persons," Superintendent
of Police Ansuiya Ransingh, who replaced I N Mishra suspended
on the charge of dereliction of duty, told news agencies.
While 12 persons were arrested within two to three days
of the carnage, others were sent to jail yesterday, she said.
Sixteen people, including five teenagers, belonging to
backward classes were gunned down at Amosi Bharen village in
Khagaria district last Thursday night.
Chief Minister Nitish Kumar later ruled out involvement
of Maoists in the attack.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vladimir Putin rages as Turkey shoots down Russian plane
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- I was shivering while interviewing Nirbhaya's friend, says Ramnath Goenka awardee Sudhir Chaudhary
- If India was intolerant, then Kiran Rao wouldn't have married Aamir Khan: Baba Ramdev
- Watch: Chicago cop shoots a 17-year-old black man 16 times