Alliance will continue in future too: Sharad
Hajipur (Bihar): With the continuity of alliance between JD(U), RJD and Congress beyond the Assembly by-elections hotly debated, JD(U) President Sharad Yadav on Tuesday said it would make a long journey and the Bihar experience would serve as an example for others to follow.
"People debate the continuity of alliance between JD(U), RJD and Congress ... But they forget that this arrangement has already taken three steps and Assembly poll next year will be the fourth step in the long journey," Yadav told an election rally at Hajipur.
The first step was when the three parties voted together on a confidence motion in favour of Chief Minister Jitan Ram Manjhi. The second was the bypoll for two Rajya Sabha seats and the third would be the by-election for 10 Assembly seats, he said.
"The fourth step will be the assembly elections in Bihar next year," the JD(U) President, who played a pivotal role in bringing old rivals Lalu Prasad and Nitish Kumar together, said.
Yadav said such an experiment was possible only in Bihar which has always shown the path to the country in politics.
The journey, he claimed, would not stop at this point, but would continue beyond the polls `to protect` the people from `divisive` forces represented by the BJP and RSS.
The JD(U) President also attacked Prime Minister Narendra Modi for `going back` on promises of bringing back black money, checking price rise and ushering development in Bihar.
Listing the achievements of the JD(U) government, Chief Minister Jitan Ram Manjhi mentioned the `Hindu` rashtra comment by RSS chief Mohan Bhagwat and said this was the reason why JD(U) severed ties with the BJP.
Hajipur is the Parliamentary constituency of LJP chief and Union minister Ramvilas Paswan.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Exclusive report on the extreme sacrifices made by ITBP soldiers
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- I pay my tribute to martyr Naresh Pal: PM Narendra Modi
- Some people are creating confusion between me and my father: Akhilesh Yadav
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees