Alliance with JD(U) in Bihar working well: Modi
Kolkata: Bihar Deputy Chief Minister Sushil Kumar Modi on Saturday ruled out any threat to his party BJP`s alliance with JD(U).
"Our alliance in Bihar is working well and there is no threat to it," Modi told reporters here, a day after Bihar Chief Minister and JD(U) leader Nitish Kumar expressed satisfaction with the alliance in his state.
Modi, a senior BJP leader, said, "if any issue arises in future, it will be dealt by the BJP Parliamentary board."
He said that the alliance was working perfectly as seat sharing agreement between the two parties for by-elections in three places was done without a hitch.
JD(U) would contest two seats and BJP one, he said.
Yesterday, Kumar had said the alliance with BJP in Bihar was working well and would continue to do so.
Relations between JD(U) and BJP were strained recently when Kumar opposed the possible candidature of Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi as BJP`s Prime Ministerial candidate for the 2014 Lok Sabha polls.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- Congress workers thrash students for showing black flags to Rahul Gandhi in Raebareli
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Onam Bumper Lottery/Kerala Thiruvonam Bumper-2016 BR-51 draw result declared - Here is the winning ticket number
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- MNS ultimatum to Pakistani actors: Leave India in 48-hour deadline
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31