Amit Shah cancels visit after Bihar BJP leaders raise objection
Zee Media Bureau
Patna: Bharatiya Janata Party leader Narendra Modi’s closest aide Amit Shah has cancelled his Bihar visit, reports said on Friday.
It is being said that Shah, who is the party general secretary and in-charge of Uttar Pradesh, cancelled his visit after some Bihar BJP leaders raised their apprehension to party leader Sanjay Paswan’s unilateral decision of inviting the former Gujarat home minister without consulting them.
Sanjay Paswan heads BJP’s Scheduled Caste wing and had invited Shah for a function. Modi’s close aide was also expected to oversee the preparations being done for a grand rally on October 27, which would be addressed by the Gujarat Chief Minister.
It may be noted that state BJP leaders like Sushil Kumar Modi along with many senior leaders had strongly pitched for Modi being named as the prime ministerial candidate of the party for 2014 General Elections.
Last week, Modi was appointed as BJP’s prime ministerial candidate, despite the most senior leader LK Advani`s opposition.
The formal announcement was made by BJP president Rajnath Singh after the parliamentary board meeting, which was attended by Murli Manohar Joshi and Sushma Swaraj, who too were said to be earlier opposed to Modi`s nomination as PM candidate, but finally toed the party line.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened