Amit Shah cancels visit after Bihar BJP leaders raise objection
Zee Media Bureau
Patna: Bharatiya Janata Party leader Narendra Modi’s closest aide Amit Shah has cancelled his Bihar visit, reports said on Friday.
It is being said that Shah, who is the party general secretary and in-charge of Uttar Pradesh, cancelled his visit after some Bihar BJP leaders raised their apprehension to party leader Sanjay Paswan’s unilateral decision of inviting the former Gujarat home minister without consulting them.
Sanjay Paswan heads BJP’s Scheduled Caste wing and had invited Shah for a function. Modi’s close aide was also expected to oversee the preparations being done for a grand rally on October 27, which would be addressed by the Gujarat Chief Minister.
It may be noted that state BJP leaders like Sushil Kumar Modi along with many senior leaders had strongly pitched for Modi being named as the prime ministerial candidate of the party for 2014 General Elections.
Last week, Modi was appointed as BJP’s prime ministerial candidate, despite the most senior leader LK Advani`s opposition.
The formal announcement was made by BJP president Rajnath Singh after the parliamentary board meeting, which was attended by Murli Manohar Joshi and Sushma Swaraj, who too were said to be earlier opposed to Modi`s nomination as PM candidate, but finally toed the party line.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- Pierce Brosnan 'deeply shocked and saddened' because of Pan Masala brand ad
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you