Amrendra Pratap Singh elected deputy speaker of Bihar assembly
Patna: Senior BJP leader Amrendra Pratap Singh was on Tuesday unanimously elected deputy speaker of the Bihar legislative assembly.
Speaker Uday Narayan Choudhary informed the house about the resolutions he had received in support of Singh`s candidature.
State Parliamentary Affairs Minister Vijendra Prasad Yadav then officially put up the proposal and Singh was then unanimously elected as Deputy Speaker of the house.
Later, Chief Minister Nitish Kumar, Deputy Chief Minister Sushil Kumar Modi, Leader of opposition in the house Abdul Bari Siddiqui, Congress Legislature Party leader Sadanand Singh and several others from ruling and opposition sides congratulated Singh for his unanimous election.
Kumar said with the support of the MLAs , Singh would be able to run the house in a dignified manner.
Siddiqui said the entire opposition would support and cooperate with Singh while conducting the business of the house.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city