Amrendra Pratap Singh elected deputy speaker of Bihar assembly
Patna: Senior BJP leader Amrendra Pratap Singh was on Tuesday unanimously elected deputy speaker of the Bihar legislative assembly.
Speaker Uday Narayan Choudhary informed the house about the resolutions he had received in support of Singh`s candidature.
State Parliamentary Affairs Minister Vijendra Prasad Yadav then officially put up the proposal and Singh was then unanimously elected as Deputy Speaker of the house.
Later, Chief Minister Nitish Kumar, Deputy Chief Minister Sushil Kumar Modi, Leader of opposition in the house Abdul Bari Siddiqui, Congress Legislature Party leader Sadanand Singh and several others from ruling and opposition sides congratulated Singh for his unanimous election.
Kumar said with the support of the MLAs , Singh would be able to run the house in a dignified manner.
Siddiqui said the entire opposition would support and cooperate with Singh while conducting the business of the house.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Zee Media exclusive interview with victim of Uber molestation
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 1 billion reward for PM Modi's arrest
- Assam Board (seba.net.in & resultsassam.nic.in): SEBA HSLC / AHM class 10th Results 2015 to be announced today
- Was asked to call Sunanda Pushkar’s death `natural`: AIIMS doctor
- Maggi row: Delhi registers case against Nestle, Kerala withdraws stock from govt stores
- From being the ‘Dabangg’ girl to ‘Akira’ - Sonakshi Sinha’s journey so far
- Rahul Gandhi hails BR Ambedkar, takes potshot at Modi-led NDA govt over IIT Madras row