Angry mob attacks police station in Bihar’s Vaishali
Patna: An angry mob attacked a police station in Bihar`s Vaishali district Sunday after the body of a minor girl, suspected to have been raped and killed, was found, police said.
Hundreds of people blocked roads, pelted stones at the Vidhupur police station and ransacked it, after the body of an 11-year-old girl, who was missing since Thursday, was found near a village.
Police used tear gas to disperse the crowds and some police officials were injured in the process, an official said.
According to officials at state police headquarters here, the situation is tense but under control. Additional security forces have been rushed to Vidhupur.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mysore Maharaja Yaduveer ties knot with princess Trishika of Dungarpur
- India becomes full member of Missile Technology Control Regime
- Singapore Airlines plane catches fire at Changi Airport
- Govt's insensitivity towards Pampore terror attack martyrs leaves nation stunned
- Mysore Maharaja Yaduveer Wadiar ties knot with princess Trishika Singh of Dungarpur, Rajasthan
- Bollywood celebrities recall Rahul Dev Burman on his 77th birthday
- 7th Pay Commission: Cabinet to decide final payout for central government employees on June 29
- Apple cheers 2016 Pride celebration with a special rainbow Apple Watch!
- Heavy rainfall expected in Vidarbha, Telangana, Andhra; Monsoon set to enter Delhi, Punjab, Haryana
- India's spectrum proceeds seen way below target at $10-$12 bn: HSBC