Angry mob attacks police station in Bihar’s Vaishali
Patna: An angry mob attacked a police station in Bihar`s Vaishali district Sunday after the body of a minor girl, suspected to have been raped and killed, was found, police said.
Hundreds of people blocked roads, pelted stones at the Vidhupur police station and ransacked it, after the body of an 11-year-old girl, who was missing since Thursday, was found near a village.
Police used tear gas to disperse the crowds and some police officials were injured in the process, an official said.
According to officials at state police headquarters here, the situation is tense but under control. Additional security forces have been rushed to Vidhupur.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- REALITY CHECK of WhatsApp message: How common man can sign petition to declare Pakistan a terror state