Angry mob attacks police station in Bihar’s Vaishali
Patna: An angry mob attacked a police station in Bihar`s Vaishali district Sunday after the body of a minor girl, suspected to have been raped and killed, was found, police said.
Hundreds of people blocked roads, pelted stones at the Vidhupur police station and ransacked it, after the body of an 11-year-old girl, who was missing since Thursday, was found near a village.
Police used tear gas to disperse the crowds and some police officials were injured in the process, an official said.
According to officials at state police headquarters here, the situation is tense but under control. Additional security forces have been rushed to Vidhupur.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Pakistan cancels licenses of weapons issued to Hafiz Saeed and his aides
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan
- 'Intolerance brigade' attacks Zee News' #FatehKaFatwa host Tarek Fateh - WATCH