Anna Hazare rally to unite people seeking change in system: VK Singh
Patna: Gandhian Anna Hazare would try to unite people who are craving for re-establishment of democracy in the country at his rally at Patna on January 30, retired Army chief V K Singh said on Thuesday.
The forthcoming rally of Anna Hazare at historic Gandhi maidan here is aimed at uniting people who desire to change the system pervaded by corruption and self-seeking politicians, Singh told reporters.
Charging members of Parliament of violating constitution, he stressed on change in present system fraught by corruption and self-seekers.
Asked if he holds the present regime responsible for the ills in system, the retired Army chief said all the political parties were responsible for the sorry state of affair.
Asked if politicians would be invited to the January 30 rally, Singh said this was a social movement and no politician would be involved in it.
In reply to a question on difference arising after some anti-corruption activists led by Arvind Kejriwal formed a party, Singh said this question should be posed to those who are doing so. "For me everybody is equal," he added.
Asked to react on the tragic incident of gang-rape of a girl in a moving bus in Delhi and need for change in laws, he said anger of people against the horrific incident was justified.
He said laws against rape should be stringent to create fear among perpetrators of such heinous acts.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- When Subramanian Swamy shocked people at a wedding!
- Mumbaikars join hands to save Pakistani teen with rare illness
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- Mumbai: Diamond export company denies job to Muslim youth
- Vadodara: Policemen seen dancing with bar girls
- Coal scam: Naveen Jindal, Madhu Koda and others get bail
- Mirage 2000 fighter jet landing was part of capability demonstration: IAF
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- One year of Modi govt: Arun Jaitley addresses press conference
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- ISIS executes Syrian fighter using anti-tank rocket launcher
- Zee Media Exclusive: Kangana, Madhavan talk about their film 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns'
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with Congress leader Kamal Nath
- Woman robbed at gunpoint inside Hyderabad ATM
- DNA: Harmful chemicals found in Maggi, Nestle India still in denial mode
- Check Jharkhand Board jac.nic.in: Class 12th Art Results 2015 declared
- Is MSG in 'Maggi' noodles harmful for you?
- Mumbai firm booked for denying Muslim MBA graduate job on religious grounds, probe ordered
- Jayalalithaa makes public appearance, meets Governor: As it happened
- New IPL rules could see Chennai Super Kings lose MS Dhoni
- `Piku` hits jackpot, does Rs 100 crore business worldwide
- Anurag Kashyap to bid goodbye to India, settle in 'cinema-friendly' France!
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2, Chennai Super Kings vs Royal Challengers Bangalore: Preview
- Geelani's passport application incomplete, cannot be processed: MEA
- CBSE Class X Results 2015 to be announced today?
- Lalu Yadav invites Jitan Ram Manjhi for joint fight against BJP, JD(U) upset
- Littering, defacement to be made punishable offence
- CBSE Class 10 Results 2015 may not be announced today
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2: CSK vs RCB - As it happened...
- Kejriwal slams notification on LG's powers, says Modi running Delhi govt through back door