Anna Hazare rally to unite people seeking change in system: VK Singh
Patna: Gandhian Anna Hazare would try to unite people who are craving for re-establishment of democracy in the country at his rally at Patna on January 30, retired Army chief V K Singh said on Thuesday.
The forthcoming rally of Anna Hazare at historic Gandhi maidan here is aimed at uniting people who desire to change the system pervaded by corruption and self-seeking politicians, Singh told reporters.
Charging members of Parliament of violating constitution, he stressed on change in present system fraught by corruption and self-seekers.
Asked if he holds the present regime responsible for the ills in system, the retired Army chief said all the political parties were responsible for the sorry state of affair.
Asked if politicians would be invited to the January 30 rally, Singh said this was a social movement and no politician would be involved in it.
In reply to a question on difference arising after some anti-corruption activists led by Arvind Kejriwal formed a party, Singh said this question should be posed to those who are doing so. "For me everybody is equal," he added.
Asked to react on the tragic incident of gang-rape of a girl in a moving bus in Delhi and need for change in laws, he said anger of people against the horrific incident was justified.
He said laws against rape should be stringent to create fear among perpetrators of such heinous acts.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP likely to form next govt in Bihar: Mulayam Singh
- Haryana minister Krishan Bedi mocks Modi's 'Swachh Bharat Abhiyan'
- Shiv Sena spills ink on ORF chairperson Sudheendra Kulkarni's face
- Bihar Polls: Lalu Yadav's controversial tweet against Karpoori Thakur and PM Modi
- Hafiz Saeed teaching terrorism to children in Pakistan
- ISL 2015: Atletico de Kolkata vs Kerala Blasters - Preview
- Aarushi Talwar's grandfather breaks silence, writes open letter – Read
- 2015 Bihar Assembly Elections: 57% voting in first phase, women voters outnumber men
- Bigg Boss double trouble: Four lovebirds, one former couple inside the house
- Five ways to get pregnant fast!