Another Bihar minister in trouble?
Patna: Another BJP minister in the Nitish
Kumar-led NDA government, Prem Kumar, could be in trouble with
the LJP on Sunday demanding his removal for allegedly suppressing
information that he was declared an absconder in a case of
rioting and assault by a court 15 years ago while filing his
nomination for the assembly elections.
State unit LJP President Pashupati Kumar Paras told a
press conference here that Kumar, the Urban Development
Minister, was declared an absconder by the Chief Judicial
Magistrate court in Gaya vide an order dated March 23, 1996 in
connection with a case registered against him at the Kotwali
police station five years earlier.
"The minister has not only been absconding in the case,
but is also guilty of suppression of the case status in the
affidavit submitted by him at the time of filing nomination to
contest from the Gaya town assembly seat last year," he said.
The case was lodged under sections 147 (rioting), 323
(voluntarily causing hurt), 337 (causing hurt by endangering
safety of others), and 353 (assault or criminal force to deter
public servant from discharge of his duties) of IPC, he said.
The charges against Kumar were grave and he should be
sacked by Chief Minister Nitish Kumar without further delay,
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- PM Modi calls meeting to review Indus Waters Treaty today
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB 4G mobile services at 1 GB price