Another Bihar minister in trouble?
Patna: Another BJP minister in the Nitish
Kumar-led NDA government, Prem Kumar, could be in trouble with
the LJP on Sunday demanding his removal for allegedly suppressing
information that he was declared an absconder in a case of
rioting and assault by a court 15 years ago while filing his
nomination for the assembly elections.
State unit LJP President Pashupati Kumar Paras told a
press conference here that Kumar, the Urban Development
Minister, was declared an absconder by the Chief Judicial
Magistrate court in Gaya vide an order dated March 23, 1996 in
connection with a case registered against him at the Kotwali
police station five years earlier.
"The minister has not only been absconding in the case,
but is also guilty of suppression of the case status in the
affidavit submitted by him at the time of filing nomination to
contest from the Gaya town assembly seat last year," he said.
The case was lodged under sections 147 (rioting), 323
(voluntarily causing hurt), 337 (causing hurt by endangering
safety of others), and 353 (assault or criminal force to deter
public servant from discharge of his duties) of IPC, he said.
The charges against Kumar were grave and he should be
sacked by Chief Minister Nitish Kumar without further delay,
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive: Para SF of Indian Army - The specialised combat force!
- Haryana Minister Anil Vij takes back his insulting comments against Gandhi
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: What characteristics define a true leader?
- Tourists flock to Manali as snowfall takes a short break
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre