Another Bihar minister in trouble?
Patna: Another BJP minister in the Nitish
Kumar-led NDA government, Prem Kumar, could be in trouble with
the LJP on Sunday demanding his removal for allegedly suppressing
information that he was declared an absconder in a case of
rioting and assault by a court 15 years ago while filing his
nomination for the assembly elections.
State unit LJP President Pashupati Kumar Paras told a
press conference here that Kumar, the Urban Development
Minister, was declared an absconder by the Chief Judicial
Magistrate court in Gaya vide an order dated March 23, 1996 in
connection with a case registered against him at the Kotwali
police station five years earlier.
"The minister has not only been absconding in the case,
but is also guilty of suppression of the case status in the
affidavit submitted by him at the time of filing nomination to
contest from the Gaya town assembly seat last year," he said.
The case was lodged under sections 147 (rioting), 323
(voluntarily causing hurt), 337 (causing hurt by endangering
safety of others), and 353 (assault or criminal force to deter
public servant from discharge of his duties) of IPC, he said.
The charges against Kumar were grave and he should be
sacked by Chief Minister Nitish Kumar without further delay,
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I am surviving only on 25% of my liver today, says Big B
- Aamir Khan's 'intolerance' comment kicks up row
- Exclusive: Sudhir Chaudhary in conversation with Aamir Khan on intolerance in India!
- Panel discussion on Aamir Khan's remark on 'intolerance'
- Rahul Gandhi spotted with hate speech convict Imran Masood in Saharanpur
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India