Another BJP legislator revolts against Narendra Modi
Patna: Another BJP legislator in Bihar hit out at Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi on Thursday, saying Chief Minister Nitish Kumar`s development model was better than Modi`s.
Avanish Kumar Singh, who represents Chiraia in East Champaran district, praised Nitish Kumar for developing Bihar.
"Nitish Kumar is much ahead than Narendra Modi as far as development matters," the five-time legislator told the media here.
"Bihar was a lawless and most backward state, it was without any development. Now Bihar is developing rapidly with a high growth rate," he said.
Gujarat, he pointed out, had developed decades ago.
Avanish Singh, who vocally raises issues in the assembly, said there was no respect for honest leaders in the Bharatiya Janata Party.
"I am hungry for respect. The BJP never respected me. I will support any party that will give me respect."
Avanish Singh, who recently met Nitish Kumar, also hinted that he would contest the next General Election from Motihari.
Earlier, three BJP legislators have praised Nitish Kumar and said he was worthy of being the prime minister.
They are Rana Gangeshwar Singh, Vijay Mishra and Amarnath Gami, the BJP legislators from Mohiuddinnagar, Jale and Hayaghat respectively.
Since Nitish Kumar dumped the BJP in June this year, several BJP leaders including a party spokesperson have joined the Janata Dal-United.
The BJP and JD-U parted ways over the prospects of Narendra Modi playing a larger national role. Since then, both parties have been at each other`s throats.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city