Another BJP legislator revolts against Narendra Modi
Patna: Another BJP legislator in Bihar hit out at Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi on Thursday, saying Chief Minister Nitish Kumar`s development model was better than Modi`s.
Avanish Kumar Singh, who represents Chiraia in East Champaran district, praised Nitish Kumar for developing Bihar.
"Nitish Kumar is much ahead than Narendra Modi as far as development matters," the five-time legislator told the media here.
"Bihar was a lawless and most backward state, it was without any development. Now Bihar is developing rapidly with a high growth rate," he said.
Gujarat, he pointed out, had developed decades ago.
Avanish Singh, who vocally raises issues in the assembly, said there was no respect for honest leaders in the Bharatiya Janata Party.
"I am hungry for respect. The BJP never respected me. I will support any party that will give me respect."
Avanish Singh, who recently met Nitish Kumar, also hinted that he would contest the next General Election from Motihari.
Earlier, three BJP legislators have praised Nitish Kumar and said he was worthy of being the prime minister.
They are Rana Gangeshwar Singh, Vijay Mishra and Amarnath Gami, the BJP legislators from Mohiuddinnagar, Jale and Hayaghat respectively.
Since Nitish Kumar dumped the BJP in June this year, several BJP leaders including a party spokesperson have joined the Janata Dal-United.
The BJP and JD-U parted ways over the prospects of Narendra Modi playing a larger national role. Since then, both parties have been at each other`s throats.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah Part II
- Uttarakhand: MBBS students builds toilets in a village in Rishikesh
- Digital detox helps to get rid of smartphones addiction
- Watch: Syrian boys crying, hugging each other after their brother is killed in airstrike
- More than 8 lakh people affected by flood in UP
- Virender Sehwag fulfills Sakshi Malik's desire to meet him; this tweet tells how GLAD he is
- Asked to remove pugree at US embassy, BJP MP refuses to take visa
- Pink Ball Test: Jury still out on sighting, no reverse swing for pacers or turn for spinners
- RCom-Aircel expected to sign merger deal by Sept 1st week