Another gun running racket with Bihar link smashed in Delhi
New Delhi: Four persons, including the nephew of an accused in the attack on a Delhi MLA, were arrested for their alleged involvement in running a gun racket that was supplying high-quality Munger guns to criminals in National Capital Region.
Delhi Police`s Special Cell arrested Hemant, the nephew of Udai Beer Singh who is presently in jail in connection with the attack on Najafgarh MLA Bharat Singh, yesterday when he had come to Lajwant Chowk near Tihar Jail to collect the guns.
Besides Hemant, police arrested Mehraj Alam and Maqsood and Dhirender, a middleman involved in this racket.
Eight sophisticated pistols (2 of 0.9 MM bore and 6 of 0.32 MM bore) along with spare cartridge cases were recovered from their possession, police said on Friday.
The arrests came within a few days of police unearthing another racket of supplying weapons to criminals in the NCR and Uttar Pradesh.
"Hemant had come in the contact of Dhirendar some time ago through some contractors in his family. Dhirendar has long been in this trade of running illicit firearms procured from Munger and his principal supplier was one Akram," Sanjeev Kumar Yadav, Deputy Commissioner of Police, Special Cell, said.
During interrogation, Hemant revealed that earlier also, he had purchased many firearms from Dhirendar and revealed that he is the nephew of Singh.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Muslims should be cremated, there's no space to bury 20 cr people: BJP MP Sakshi Maharaj
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- Gurmehar Kaur controversy: Twitter turns into battleground after Virender Sehwag trolls Kargil martyr's daughter
- WATCH: Chris Gayle hits Saeed Ajmal with three huge back-to-back sixes in PSL