Another JD-U spokesperson quits after Cabinet expansion
Patna: Crisis in Bihar`s ruling JD-U on Wednesday deepened with Sanjay Singh, another legislator unhappy over his ouster from the council of ministers, resigning from the post of party spokesperson.
He is the second person after legislator Neeraj Kumar quit as party spokesperson two days ago. Both are considered close to former chief minister Nitish Kumar. Sanjay submitted his resignation to state JD-U president Vashisht Narain Singh here.
JD-U leaders close to him said he may also quit the party if the leadership ignores his grievances.
Ever since Bihar Chief Minister Jitan Ram Manjhi expanded his ministry Monday, voices of dissent are giving sleepless nights to top leaders. Nearly half a dozen legislators have openly expressed their anger and attacked the party leadership.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Terrorist outfit IS releases hitlist; 4000 people including 285 Indians targeted
- Mumbai: Woman missing after falling in manhole
- Mann Ki Baat: PM recalls dark days of 1975 Emergency, says democracy is our strength
- Mann Ki Baat: Conserve every drop of water, says PM
- PM Modi launches 'Smart City Project' in Pune
- Michael Sheen to make directorial debut in killer movie
- Irish fans eye revenge against France; Germany take on Slovakia; Hungary face Belgium
- IIFA 2016 Fashion Trends: Top 6 looks that nailed it at the green carpet! - View pics
- WATCH: OH MY WORD! Did Xherdan Shaqiri score greatest ever Euro goal?
- Lachipora encounter: Security forces shot dead 2 militants; gunbattle underway