Another Maoist leader produced in court
Banka: Jai Paswan, one of the eight Maoist leaders whose release has been being demanded by the ultras in exchange for policemen kidnapped during the encounter at Lakhisarai district, was produced before a local court on Saturday amidst tight security.
Paswan was produced in the court of Chief Judicial Magistrate Bharat Tiwari in a criminal case in the district.
He was brought to the court under heavy security from the divisional jail, where he is under judicial custody, officials said, adding it was a routine procedure.
Pramod Barnawal, whose release was also demanded by the ultras was produced yesterday in a court in Bhagalpur.
Three policemen were still in the custody of Maoists after their abduction during last Sunday`s encounter in Lakhisarai. One of the four captured policeman was killed by the Maoists yesterday and his bullet-ridden body was found at Simra Tari Sringirishi dam, about 150 km from Patna.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Pakistan cancels licenses of weapons issued to Hafiz Saeed and his aides
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan
- 'Intolerance brigade' attacks Zee News' #FatehKaFatwa host Tarek Fateh - WATCH