Another Maoist leader produced in court
Banka: Jai Paswan, one of the eight Maoist leaders whose release has been being demanded by the ultras in exchange for policemen kidnapped during the encounter at Lakhisarai district, was produced before a local court on Saturday amidst tight security.
Paswan was produced in the court of Chief Judicial Magistrate Bharat Tiwari in a criminal case in the district.
He was brought to the court under heavy security from the divisional jail, where he is under judicial custody, officials said, adding it was a routine procedure.
Pramod Barnawal, whose release was also demanded by the ultras was produced yesterday in a court in Bhagalpur.
Three policemen were still in the custody of Maoists after their abduction during last Sunday`s encounter in Lakhisarai. One of the four captured policeman was killed by the Maoists yesterday and his bullet-ridden body was found at Simra Tari Sringirishi dam, about 150 km from Patna.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- REALITY CHECK of WhatsApp message: How common man can sign petition to declare Pakistan a terror state