Another Maoist leader produced in court
Banka: Jai Paswan, one of the eight Maoist leaders whose release has been being demanded by the ultras in exchange for policemen kidnapped during the encounter at Lakhisarai district, was produced before a local court on Saturday amidst tight security.
Paswan was produced in the court of Chief Judicial Magistrate Bharat Tiwari in a criminal case in the district.
He was brought to the court under heavy security from the divisional jail, where he is under judicial custody, officials said, adding it was a routine procedure.
Pramod Barnawal, whose release was also demanded by the ultras was produced yesterday in a court in Bhagalpur.
Three policemen were still in the custody of Maoists after their abduction during last Sunday`s encounter in Lakhisarai. One of the four captured policeman was killed by the Maoists yesterday and his bullet-ridden body was found at Simra Tari Sringirishi dam, about 150 km from Patna.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shahid Kapoor-Mira Rajput wedding: Check out their first picture as a couple!
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- No bomb found on Turkish Airlines flight which made emergency landing in Delhi
- Vyapam scam: After over 45 deaths, can Shivraj Singh Chouhan resist CBI probe?
- Vyapam scam: Congress accuses MP CM of 'misleading' people, demands his resignation