Anti-Naxal operations to continue in Bihar: Pillai
Kollam: The Centre on Monday said crackdown on Maoists in Bihar would continue, even as Chief Minister Nitish Kumar appealed to the rebels to shun violence and join
"The ongoing operations against Naxals in Bihar will continue," Union Home Secretary GK Pillai told reporters here.
Earlier in the day, after the release of three policemen abducted by Naxals, Kumar told reporters in Patna, "We welcome you to join the mainstream of the society, contest elections to form the government you desire. Violence will not resolve your grievances."
Pillai also said intelligence reports had said Maoists were active in Kerala but it had not developed into a major threat and the state police could manage the situation.
To a query, he said there were intelligence reports about LeT threat in the coastal regions of Kerala, Karnataka and Gujarat.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- How will Sonowal's govt solve problem of illegal Bangladeshi migration in Assam?
- How will Sonowal's govt solve the problem of illegal Bangladeshi migration in Assam - Part II
- How will Sonowal's govt solve the problem of illegal Bangladeshi migration in Assam? - Part III
- How will Sonowal's govt solve the problem of illegal Bangladeshi migration in Assam? - Part IV
- Batla House encounter: Congress under scrutiny as new IS video emerges
- Desperate times, desperate measures! Parineeti Chopra's make-up ain’t gonna stop – See pic
- IPL 9 VIDEO: When Shikhar Dhawan, Yuvraj Singh became Gabbar and taxi driver
- First Talgo train trial on Bareilly-Moradabad rail route on May 29
- Rahul Gandhi to lead rally against AAP, BJP over Delhi power crisis
- Uttarakhand Board Class 12th Examination Results 2016: (uaresults.nic.in) Uttarakhand Board (UK) Class 12th Results 2016, Uttarakhand Class 12 Results 2016 to be declared today