Apathy in implementing land reforms led to carnage: CPI
Patna: The CPI on Saturday charged that Nitish
Kumar government`s alleged apathy towards implementing the
Land Reforms Commission report was one of the reasons that led
to the Khagaria carnage in which 16 people were killed.
"State`s apathy towards implementing D Bandopadhyay
report, administrative failure and incompetency, growing
incidents of naxal violence and strong bond between land
owners and bureaucrats are the reasons that led to the carnage
at village Amosi Bharen in Khagaria on late Thursday night,"
CPI`s state secretary Badri Narain Lal said.
"Our party hold the Nitish Kumar government responsible
for the carnage," Lal said after a fact-finding team of the
party returned from the village this afternoon.
Lal demanded a compensation of Rs 10 lakh be provided to
bereaved families of each of the deceased besides identifying
killers and their immediate arrest.
He asked the government to take effective steps to rein
in naxal activities in the state.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pakistan had achieved nuclear capability in 1984: Abdul Qadeer Khan
- Pakistan able to target Delhi from Kahuta near Rawalpindi in five minutes: Dr Abdul Qadeer Khan
- US zoo kills gorilla after 3-year-old boy falls into enclosure
- EC cancels polls for two remaining Tamil Nadu Assembly seats - Know why
- Cloudbursts, rainfall in Tehri district of Uttarakhand; Gangotri-Kedarnath road closed, pilgrims stranded