Appoint teachers in varsities: HC to Bihar govt
Patna: Patna High Court has asked Bihar government and the Chancellor`s secretariat to take steps to fill up all vacant posts of teachers in various universities in the state within 90 days.
A division bench comprising Justices Prakash Chandra Verma and Ahsanuddin Amanullah directed the secretariat of the Chencellor, who is also governor of Bihar, and the state human resource department to make the appointments.
The court acted on a PIL filed by one Vinay Kumar Singh who had pleaded for the court`s direction to fill up over 3000 vacant posts of teaching staff in all the universities of Bihar in three months.
The petitioner in his PIL filed in January last year, had alleged that the present crisis of teaching staff in various varsities of the state was because of bureaucratic red tape.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city
- Army orders modern helmets for jawans, can withstand bullets fired from short range
- Zaira Wasim Trolled: Ashamed that she had to apologise, says Gautam Gambhir