Appoint teachers in varsities: HC to Bihar govt
Patna: Patna High Court has asked Bihar government and the Chancellor`s secretariat to take steps to fill up all vacant posts of teachers in various universities in the state within 90 days.
A division bench comprising Justices Prakash Chandra Verma and Ahsanuddin Amanullah directed the secretariat of the Chencellor, who is also governor of Bihar, and the state human resource department to make the appointments.
The court acted on a PIL filed by one Vinay Kumar Singh who had pleaded for the court`s direction to fill up over 3000 vacant posts of teaching staff in all the universities of Bihar in three months.
The petitioner in his PIL filed in January last year, had alleged that the present crisis of teaching staff in various varsities of the state was because of bureaucratic red tape.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jawaharlal Nehru's Wikipedia page edited from govt IP address; Congress seeks PM Modi's reply
- Check JEE (Main) 2015 rank on www.jeemain.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in
- No liberal approach, mediation or compromise in rape cases: Supreme Court
- Delhi court restrains release of controversial movie 'Mohalla Assi'
- Lalitgate: Centre denies deal with Congress over Sushma Swaraj, Vasundhara Raje