Araria: 25 minor girls rescued, 43 held
Araria: Twenty-five minor girls were
rescued from Rampur village in Bihar`s Araria district on Sunday.
Superintendent of Police (SP) Shivdeep Lande said
today 43 persons were held under human trafficking charges
during the police raid.
The girls - hailing from state`s Bhagalpur and Supaul
districts, Uttar Pradesh and Nepal - were brought here by a
gang and forced into flesh trade, the SP said.
The rescued girls have been handed over to the
district child welfare committee.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- India can meet its energy requirements from Moon by 2030, says ISRO
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley
- Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections 2017: Samajwadi Party's 'kaam bolta hai' slogan faces litmus test