Are JD-U, RJD running coalition govt in Bihar, asks BJP
New Delhi: BJP on Friday asked its former ally JD(U) whether it was running a coalition government with RJD in Bihar saying it did not have the requisite numbers to remain in power.
The party also took a jibe at the growing closeness of former Chief Minister Nitish Kumar and RJD chief Lalu Prasad saying the two were working together as "twins".
"It is right that today the Bihar government does not have a majority. They (JD(U) should tell whether the government in the state is that of JD(U) or it is a coalition with RJD. They do not have the numbers," BJP spokesperson Shahnawaz Hussain said.
The BJP leader also hit out at the Akhilesh Yadav government in Uttar Pradesh for withdrawing the laptop scheme, claiming the party was punishing the people there for not voting for its candidates in the Lok Sabha polls.
"The Samajwadi Party government in Uttar Pradesh is taking revenge for the poll verdict," he said.
Hussain said the SP had come to power in the state by luring the youth through the laptop scheme but withdrew it as it has realised that it no longer has the support of the youth, which had rejected the party in the Lok Sabha polls.
The BJP won 71 seats out of the 80 Lok Sabha seats in Uttar Pradesh, while two were won by its ally Apna Dal. The Congress could bag only 2 seats and SP five.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- Is there no respect for Congress in UP politics?
- 7th Pay Commission: Central govt employees expect Committee on Allowances report in February
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog