Armed men loot train passengers in Bihar
Patna/Lucknow: Unidentified armed robbers struck the Azeemabad Express and looted passengers after assaulting them while the train was travelling between Bihar and Uttar Pradesh early Saturday, officials said.
A case was later registered at a government railway police (GRP) station in Mugalsarai in Uttar Pradesh, where the train arrived Saturday morning.
The robbers looted the passengers at around 3 am at Buxar railway station in Bihar and managed to escape after pulling the train`s emergency chain, officials at the Mugalsarai GRP station said.
"We have registered a case against 10-12 unidentified men. Some of them even had guns," GRP inspector Tripurari Pandey told reporters in Mugalsarai of Chanduali district, some 350 km from Lucknow.
"According to the passengers, the robbers primarily targeted two sleeper coaches of the train. We are yet to ascertain the exact amount of cash and other valuables looted," he added.
According to preliminary investigations, the robbers entered the train in Chausa in Bihar.
"Though the robbers assaulted a number of passengers, mostly those who refused to hand over their money and valuables, none of them received any serious injury," Pandey said.
The train was heading to Ahmedabad from Patna.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- President Mukherjee inspect International Fleet Review at Vishakhapatnam
- Divyansh's death not an accident, but a murder?
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How realising the purpose of life gives you direction
- Was Divyansh sexually assaulted and then murdered?
- India takes inspiration from Iran; sets up 'Hanger of Kindness' in Delhi
- Oh so cute! PM Narendra Modi pulls Akshay Kumar's son Aarav Kumar's ear!-- See pic
- Ryan child death: Sexual assault allegations should be probed, says Manish Sisodia
- Not Delhi, but Varanasi and Muzaffarpur the most polluted cities in India
- 'Bajirao Mastani' still galloping at box office, mints Rs 350 cr!
- 5 homemade fruit packs that’ll make you glow instantly