Arms and ammunition recovered from trains in Bihar
Araria: Several arms and ammunition were recovered from two trains at Bathnaha Railway Station in Araria district of Bihar today.
Acting on information that some smugglers were carrying weapons, SSB jawans raided two passenger trains running between Jogbani along Nepal border and Kathihar and recovered the arms, Commandant of SSB 56th Battalion, V S Dogra said.
The seized arms and goods include five pistols, four magazines, 15 cartridges, four cartons of cough syrup and 70 kg of betelnut.
The smugglers managed to escape.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video