Arms smuggler arrested in Munger, 873 bullets recovered
Munger: Police on Wednesday arrested an arms
smuggler from Kalyanchak Bardha village in Munger district and
recovered a large haul of ammunition from his possession.
Acting on a tip-off that an arms supplier was carrying
a consignment for arms and ammunitions for delivery to the
naxalites, a police team nabbed one Bablu Yadav from near
a tea shop in the village and recovered 873 rounds of
ammunition from him, the Deputy Superintendent of Police
(DSP), Jamalpur, Md. Hasnain told reporters here.
He said that of the haul, 473 rounds were
meant for use in .9 MM pistols, generally used by the police
The market value of the recovered ammunition was
estimated at Rs. 1.5 lakh, Hasnain said.
Yadav was booked under section 25 of the Arms Act, the
DSP said adding that he was being interrogated about his
possible connection with the naxalites operating in the
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Admissions 2015: Know India's best ranking Universities
- Yasin Bhatkal calls wife from Hyderabad jail, talks of 'help from Damascus'
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with UPSC topper Ira Singhal's family
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Five guerrillas, one soldier killed near LoC
- 3rd Test, Day 2: Sri Lanka rattle Pakistan in decider
- Indian Mujahideen chief Yasin Bhatkal indicates Islamic State will help him get out of jail soon
- Missing UK schoolgirls seen carrying Kalashnikov rifle in ISIS's Raqqa?