Arms smuggler arrested in Munger, 873 bullets recovered
Munger: Police on Wednesday arrested an arms
smuggler from Kalyanchak Bardha village in Munger district and
recovered a large haul of ammunition from his possession.
Acting on a tip-off that an arms supplier was carrying
a consignment for arms and ammunitions for delivery to the
naxalites, a police team nabbed one Bablu Yadav from near
a tea shop in the village and recovered 873 rounds of
ammunition from him, the Deputy Superintendent of Police
(DSP), Jamalpur, Md. Hasnain told reporters here.
He said that of the haul, 473 rounds were
meant for use in .9 MM pistols, generally used by the police
The market value of the recovered ammunition was
estimated at Rs. 1.5 lakh, Hasnain said.
Yadav was booked under section 25 of the Arms Act, the
DSP said adding that he was being interrogated about his
possible connection with the naxalites operating in the
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy?
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy? Part II
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy? Part III
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy? Part IV
- Panel discussion over India's bid for NSG
- Subramanian Swamy at it again! Attacks Economic Affairs Secy Shaktikanta Das; Arun Jaitley calls it unfair
- Pakistan-North Korea nuclear trade being tracked by Indian intelligence agencies: Report
- Rousseff ex-minister arrested in Brazil graft probe
- 4,500 people rescued in Mediterranean: Italy coastguard
- Vijender Singh out of Olympic contention, wishes best for Vikas Krishan