Arms smugglers supplying to Maoists arrested
Munger: Two arms smugglers who supply arms and ammunition to Maoists were arrested on Saturday in Munger district of Bihar, a top police officer said.
Acting on a tip-off, a joint team of police and STF raided the house at Makshash Mohalla in Kashim Bazar police station and arrested Ravi Sharma and Kranti Sharma, Superintendent of Police Rajiv Mishra said.
They were suspected of supplying arms to the Maoist outfits, the SP added.
The police seized 70 detonators, one revolver and a few live cartridges of AK-47 from them.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- CM Yogi’s cleanliness drive: UP cops clean up police stations
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister