Army jawan shot dead in Bihar
Buxar: An Army jawan was shot dead allegedly by unidentified men in Bihar`s Buxar district, police said on Thursday.
The deceased jawan, identified as Upendra Pandey (45), was riding a motorcycle on way to the district headquarters last night when the armed assailants intercepted him near Mission road in Nagpura village and fatally shot at him from close range, police said.
A native of Khairapatti village, Pandey was serving in the third battalion of Bihar regiment and was posted at Ganganagar in Rajasthan, they said.
An FIR has been lodged in this connection and raids were being carried out to nab the assailants, police said adding the motive behind the murder was under investigation.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajinikanth's 'Kabali' releases early morning at 6 am in Mumbai!
- Jharkhand: Zee Media honors ten environmentalists with Green Warrior Award
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley?
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part II
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part III
- Myanmar's military investigates a 'war crime' in an era of reform
- Turkey's Erdogan beats foes for now, but at high cost to stability
- Pokemon GO launched in Japan; India's wait to be over soon?
- Navjot Singh Sidhu will not be AAP's CM candidate in Punjab, say top leaders
- India to test sub-scale demonstrator scramjet engine in 2016