Army jawan shot dead in Bihar
Buxar: An Army jawan was shot dead allegedly by unidentified men in Bihar`s Buxar district, police said on Thursday.
The deceased jawan, identified as Upendra Pandey (45), was riding a motorcycle on way to the district headquarters last night when the armed assailants intercepted him near Mission road in Nagpura village and fatally shot at him from close range, police said.
A native of Khairapatti village, Pandey was serving in the third battalion of Bihar regiment and was posted at Ganganagar in Rajasthan, they said.
An FIR has been lodged in this connection and raids were being carried out to nab the assailants, police said adding the motive behind the murder was under investigation.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Exclusive report on the extreme sacrifices made by ITBP soldiers
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- I pay my tribute to martyr Naresh Pal: PM Narendra Modi
- Some people are creating confusion between me and my father: Akhilesh Yadav
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees