Army jawan shot dead in Bihar
Buxar: An Army jawan was shot dead allegedly by unidentified men in Bihar`s Buxar district, police said on Thursday.
The deceased jawan, identified as Upendra Pandey (45), was riding a motorcycle on way to the district headquarters last night when the armed assailants intercepted him near Mission road in Nagpura village and fatally shot at him from close range, police said.
A native of Khairapatti village, Pandey was serving in the third battalion of Bihar regiment and was posted at Ganganagar in Rajasthan, they said.
An FIR has been lodged in this connection and raids were being carried out to nab the assailants, police said adding the motive behind the murder was under investigation.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand