Arrest warrant against Sadhu Yadav and associate
Bettiah: A court in Bihar`s West Champaran
district on Wednesday issued an arrest warrant against Congress leader Anirudh Yadav alias Sadhu Yadav and an associate following their failure to appear before it in a case of
violation of the model code during the 2009 Lok Sabha polls.
Judicial Magistrate Umesh Mani Tripathi issued the
arrest warrant against Yadav and his associate Manish Anand
for failing to appear before it despite summons being issued
Sub-Divisioner Officer Rajiv Ranjan had lodged an FIR
against the Congress leader and Anand following recovery of Rs 2.50 lakh in cash from the latter from a hotel room on April
Anand had told the police that he was working for
Yadav, who had unsuccessfully contested the 2009 Lok Sabha
polls from Bettiah constituency on a Congress ticket and that
the money belonged to him.
The police had later submitted a chargesheet in
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145