Arrest warrant against Sadhu Yadav and associate
Bettiah: A court in Bihar`s West Champaran
district on Wednesday issued an arrest warrant against Congress leader Anirudh Yadav alias Sadhu Yadav and an associate following their failure to appear before it in a case of
violation of the model code during the 2009 Lok Sabha polls.
Judicial Magistrate Umesh Mani Tripathi issued the
arrest warrant against Yadav and his associate Manish Anand
for failing to appear before it despite summons being issued
Sub-Divisioner Officer Rajiv Ranjan had lodged an FIR
against the Congress leader and Anand following recovery of Rs 2.50 lakh in cash from the latter from a hotel room on April
Anand had told the police that he was working for
Yadav, who had unsuccessfully contested the 2009 Lok Sabha
polls from Bettiah constituency on a Congress ticket and that
the money belonged to him.
The police had later submitted a chargesheet in
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India