ASHA worker murdered in Bihar
Gaya: An Accredited Social Health
Activist (ASHA) was murdered on Sunday by unidentified assailants in a village under Atri police station area in Bihar`s Gaya district, the police said.
The incident took place in Dundichack village as the assailants barged into the house of the victim Kiran Kumari (30) and slit her throat with a sharp weapon.
The woman was alone at home at that time.
She was found dead lying in a poll of blood by her neighbours, the sources said.
The body has been sent for post-mortem at the Anugrah Magadh Medical College and Hospital.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Amit Shah interacts with journalists at BJP office
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to expand your existing business
- PM Modi host 'Diwali Milan' for media
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists, says Farooq Abdullah
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- Woman cop transferred within 24 hours of spat with Haryana minister Anil Vij
- Sheena Bora murder: Why did Indrani send servant to Kolkata to get illegal drugs?
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Day/Night Test: Cricketers mock DRS, Nigel Llong decision on Nathan Lyon howler