Ashwani Chaube to quit as BJP MLA if JD(U) wins any seat in LS polls
Patna: Former Bihar health minister Ashwani Chaube on Saturday vowed to quit as BJP MLA if erstwhile ally JD(U) won even a single seats in the state in the Lok Sabha elections.
"I will quit my seat in the state assembly if the JD(U) wins even a single seat of the 40 from Bihar," he said in a brief speech at a function in the presence of Leader of Opposition in Rajya Sabha Arun Jaitley and other senior BJP leaders.
Chaube was among eleven ministers sacked by Chief Minister Nitish Kumar after severing the 17 year alliance with the BJP.
"Nitish Kumar is a nasty person," Chaubey alleged claiming that he had made the same observation at the time the government in Bihar was formed over eight years ago.
Claiming that Kumar had `poison teeth` Chaube said that he had warned the BJP leadership against letting him become the chief minister as he should never be trusted.
Jaitley in his speech said that Chaubey need not resign.
"Your forecast about the JD(U) not winning a single seat in the general elections from Bihar will come true," the senior BJP leader said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Pak High Commission staffer grilled for spying, released later
- Watch: Report on delayed development in Ayodhya
- DNA: Ground reporting of the deteriorating sanctity of Ayodhya
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- National Geographic's famed ''Afghan Girl'' arrested in Pakistan for forgery
- Hrithik Roshan, Yami Gautam's 'Kaabil' trailer shocks Rakesh Roshan
- India vs New Zealand, 4th ODI: As it happened...