ASI shoots himself in Jamui district of Bihar
Jamui: An assistant Sub-Inspector allegedly committed suicide by shooting himself with his service revolver at his residence at Chakai police station in Jamui district, police said Monday.
The 55-year-old ASI Damodar Singh Singh shot himself dead last night after having a long conversation on his mobile phone with his family members at Ramgarhi village in Patna district, they said.
Singh was posted at Chakai police station for over two years.
The cause of the suicide was being investigated, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- J&K: Suspected Pakistani spy arrested in Samba district
- DNA: Reporting on war against ISIS in Mosul
- Kerala: Medical college prohibits girls from wearing jeans, noisy ornaments
- Ramgopal Yadav writes letter to SP party workers after Akhilesh Yadav sacked Shivpal Yadav
- DNA: Analysing the derogatory remarks made by Chinese Newspaper on Indians
- India vs New Zealand, 3rd ODI: As it happened...
- Samajwadi Party feud intensifies: Shivpal Yadav sacked, Ramgopal Yadav expelled - As it happened
- 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' row: Raj Thackeray says Rs 5 crore 'penance' for signing Pakistani artistes
- Kerala dress code row: 'Why not 'mundus' for men, if 'sarees' for women'
- PM Narendra Modi warns of 'surgical strikes' against black money, corruption