ASI shoots himself in Jamui district of Bihar
Jamui: An assistant Sub-Inspector allegedly committed suicide by shooting himself with his service revolver at his residence at Chakai police station in Jamui district, police said Monday.
The 55-year-old ASI Damodar Singh Singh shot himself dead last night after having a long conversation on his mobile phone with his family members at Ramgarhi village in Patna district, they said.
Singh was posted at Chakai police station for over two years.
The cause of the suicide was being investigated, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Talks on Kashmir issue needed, want peace restored in Valley: Pak High Commissioner Abdul Basit
- Gold rebounds on jewellers' buying, silver jumps Rs 280/kg
- US Open 2016: Saketh Myneni advances to main draw
- Subramaian Swamy targets GST Network again; will write to Amit Shah, BJP CMs
- West Indies vs India, 1st T20I: As it happened...