Assam Rifles jawan dies after being thrown off a bus in Sitamarhi
Sitamarhi (Bihar): An Assam Rifles jawan
was killed after he was allegedly thrown out of a speeding
Bihar State Road Transport Corporation (BSRTC) bus by its
staffers in Sitamarhi district, police said Tuesday.
The jawan, identified as Harsh Narayan Jha, sustained
grievous injuries after he was allegedly pushed out of the
speeding bus near Dumra locality by BSRTC staffers following
an altercation over payment of fare for his luggage in the wee
hours, District Superintendent of Police, Anwar Hussain said.
Jha was taken to a hospital for treatment where
attending doctors referred him to the SKMCH at Muzaffarpur,
but he died on his way, he said.
A case has been lodged by the deceased jawan`s wife
against the unidentified bus staffers, Hussain said, adding
police is searching for the culprits, who are absconding
after parking the bus at Sitamarhi bus stand.
Jha and his wife were headed to their native village P
Pachharva in Sitamarhi district for a summer vacation, the SP
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof