Astrology can predict tsunamis, claims Bihar minister
Patna: The ancient science of astrology can help predict natural disasters like tsunamis, a Bihar minister has said.
"Astrology`s help can be taken to predict natural disasters like tsunamis," Bihar Human Resource Minister PK Sahi said on Sunday evening in his inaugural speech at the two-day meet of the Indian Council of Astrological Sciences (ICAS) here.
Sahi, a lawyer turned politician considered close to Chief Minister Nitish Kumar, said that though most people treat astrology only as something useful for making predictions, it was actually a science.
"If we go deep, we will find that it is a science. It has been practised in India since the Vedic times, helping us know about stars and planets affecting us and suggesting remedies," he said.
Dozens of astrologers from across the country are attending the event.
Suhas Dongre, chairman of the Pune chapter of ICAS, has predicted more destruction in store for Japan.
"It is going to be a bad time for Japan as natural disasters will hit it again," he said.
KL Manohar, a Hyderabad-based astrologer, said another tsunami is expected between March 15 and April 15 in the Pacific Ocean.
"An earthquake is expected to hit India too during this period," he said.
An earthquake measuring 9 on the Richter scale hit Japan Friday afternoon triggering huge tsunami waves that lashed the country`s northeastern coast. Thousands are believed to have perished in the tragedy with many more still missing.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- Cashless transactions increased rapidly following note ban
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note