Astrology can predict tsunamis, claims Bihar minister
Patna: The ancient science of astrology can help predict natural disasters like tsunamis, a Bihar minister has said.
"Astrology`s help can be taken to predict natural disasters like tsunamis," Bihar Human Resource Minister PK Sahi said on Sunday evening in his inaugural speech at the two-day meet of the Indian Council of Astrological Sciences (ICAS) here.
Sahi, a lawyer turned politician considered close to Chief Minister Nitish Kumar, said that though most people treat astrology only as something useful for making predictions, it was actually a science.
"If we go deep, we will find that it is a science. It has been practised in India since the Vedic times, helping us know about stars and planets affecting us and suggesting remedies," he said.
Dozens of astrologers from across the country are attending the event.
Suhas Dongre, chairman of the Pune chapter of ICAS, has predicted more destruction in store for Japan.
"It is going to be a bad time for Japan as natural disasters will hit it again," he said.
KL Manohar, a Hyderabad-based astrologer, said another tsunami is expected between March 15 and April 15 in the Pacific Ocean.
"An earthquake is expected to hit India too during this period," he said.
An earthquake measuring 9 on the Richter scale hit Japan Friday afternoon triggering huge tsunami waves that lashed the country`s northeastern coast. Thousands are believed to have perished in the tragedy with many more still missing.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sachin Tendulkar joins Narendra Modi's #SelfieWithDaughter campaign
- BJP MP Hema Malini injured, one child killed in Dausa road accident
- Dausa car crash: Hema Malini injured, child killed; MP's driver booked for over speeding
- Suresh Raina denies Lalit Modi's match-fixing allegation, mulls legal action against former IPL boss
- PMO seeks report on Air India flights delayed by Fadnavis, Rijiju; Aviation Minister apologises