At least 13 feared drowned in Bihar boat mishap
Ara: At least 13 persons are feared drowned when a country boat sank in river Ganga at Kewatia village of Bihar`s Bhojpur district, official sources said on Wednesday.
The mishap took place last night when nearly 20 persons were returning home in a country boat after working in their field on the other side of the river, Sub Divisional Officer Madhav Prasad said.
While some passengers swam to safety, some others were rescued with the help of locals but there was no information about 13 passengers, he said.
NDRF (National Disaster Relief Force) personnel are still searching for the missing persons, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Exclusive report on the extreme sacrifices made by ITBP soldiers
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Read letters by Ratan Tata to PM Narendra Modi and Group employees after Cyrus Mistry's ouster
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire