At least 25 dead in Bihar road accident
Aurangabad: At least 25 people were killed and 10 others injured when a speeding truck overturned and fell into a roadside ditch near Titai Bigha village in Aurangabad district early on Thursday.
The truck, carrying 35 labourers, overturned on NH 139 before rolling into a roadside ditch in the wee hours, Superintendent of Police Daljeet Singh said.
About 35 people were on board and 25 of them were killed when the vehicle overturned. Ten others were injured, he said.
The labourers, who had come to Aurangabad for harvesting crops, were returning to their native Lesiganj village in Daltonganj district bordering Jharkhand, Singh said.
Senior civil and police officials have rushed to the spot.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Don't give any importance to Ramgopal Yadav's remarks: Mulayam Singh Yadav
- Watch: Report on delayed development in Ayodhya
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- India vs New Zealand: Awestruck Kiwis witness MS Dhoni driving his Hummer in Ranchi, and photo goes viral
- Naya Bazar explosion: Home Ministry seeks report from Delhi Police; one dead, 5 injured