At least 25 dead in Bihar road accident
Aurangabad: At least 25 people were killed and 10 others injured when a speeding truck overturned and fell into a roadside ditch near Titai Bigha village in Aurangabad district early on Thursday.
The truck, carrying 35 labourers, overturned on NH 139 before rolling into a roadside ditch in the wee hours, Superintendent of Police Daljeet Singh said.
About 35 people were on board and 25 of them were killed when the vehicle overturned. Ten others were injured, he said.
The labourers, who had come to Aurangabad for harvesting crops, were returning to their native Lesiganj village in Daltonganj district bordering Jharkhand, Singh said.
Senior civil and police officials have rushed to the spot.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Essel Group Chairman Dr Subhash Chandra honoured in Haryana
- Watch: Essel Group Chairman Dr Subhash Chandra addresses people of Haryana
- India successfully test fires futuristic Scramjet Rocket Engine
- Modi govt plans Rs 2,000 crore package for refugees from PoK
- Watch: Baloch, Sindhi leaders hold joint protest against CPEC in London
- Rio Olympics medallist Sakshi Malik to tie the knot soon: Report
- MPCA to decide on holding elections in Monday's AGM
- The solar system is home to millions of Jupiter-like planets, reveals NASA!
- Force India move up to fourth after strong finish in Belgium
- If Kashmir issue is not resolved under Modi, it will never be resolved: Mehbooba