‘Awaiting inquiry report into Forbesganj firing’
Patna: Undeterred by his government being
under attack from the Opposition, Bihar Chief Minister Nitish
Kumar on Monday said the state government had already ordered a
judicial probe into the Forbesganj firing and only the inquiry
report could reveal what had happened and how did it happen.
"In a democratic set-up, everybody is free to speak what
he deems fit... but the facts remain that the state government
has ordered a judicial probe into the incident which alone can
unravel what happened, why did it happen", Kumar told
He said the state government had approached Chief
Justice of Patna High Court to appoint a sitting judge for the
probe as the strength of the judges in the court had risen to
"We should wait for the inquiry report... we will swiftly
act on the basis of the report", he said adding before
completion of the judicial probe, saying something about the
incident would amount to influence the probe.
There were several institutions which have sought
report on the incident and "if we give any report these
institutions it will also lead to influencing the course of
inquiry", Kumar said.
He hoped that the judicial probe would soon begin and
the government would receive the inquiry report shortly.
Attacking the Nitish Kumar government for the firing,
opposition RJD, LJP and Congress have demanded a CBI inquiry
into the Forbesganj firing.
Four persons were killed and 30 others injured in police
firing and clash between police and locals protesting against
construction of a starch factory and approach road at
Forbesganj in Araria district on June 3.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral: Why Rameswaram was chosen over New Delhi?
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- LIVE: Yakub Memon buried at Chandanwadi's Bada Kabristan in Mumbai
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened