Bajrang Dal forces lovers to tie rakhi or get married
Ranchi: Bajrang Dal activists in Jharkhand played the moral police on Valentine`s Day on Monday, forcing lovers in parks and other public place to either tie a rakhi or get married on the spot.
Hundreds of Bajrang Dal activists reached Jubilee Park in the steel city of Jamshedpur and caught lovers. The activists first asked the couples their relation with each other. If a couple said they were in love, they were forced to marry by exchanging garlands.
If a couple said they were just brother and sister, they were forced to tie a rakhi.
In all this, police remained mute spectators. In Ranchi too, activists of the Shiv Sena raided parks and harassed lovers. There were also a few cases of couples being forced to tie the rakhi in Ranchi.
"Love is a pious thing which cannot be exposed in parks and in public places", said a Shiv Sena worker in Ranchi.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shahid Kapoor-Mira Rajput wedding: Check out their first picture as a couple!
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Vyapam scam: After over 45 deaths, can Shivraj Singh Chouhan resist CBI probe?
- No bomb found on Turkish Airlines flight which made emergency landing in Delhi
- Vyapam scam: Congress accuses MP CM of 'misleading' people, demands his resignation