Bajrang Dal forces lovers to tie rakhi or get married
Ranchi: Bajrang Dal activists in Jharkhand played the moral police on Valentine`s Day on Monday, forcing lovers in parks and other public place to either tie a rakhi or get married on the spot.
Hundreds of Bajrang Dal activists reached Jubilee Park in the steel city of Jamshedpur and caught lovers. The activists first asked the couples their relation with each other. If a couple said they were in love, they were forced to marry by exchanging garlands.
If a couple said they were just brother and sister, they were forced to tie a rakhi.
In all this, police remained mute spectators. In Ranchi too, activists of the Shiv Sena raided parks and harassed lovers. There were also a few cases of couples being forced to tie the rakhi in Ranchi.
"Love is a pious thing which cannot be exposed in parks and in public places", said a Shiv Sena worker in Ranchi.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- DNA: Analysing the existing poor condition of Indian education system
- DNA: Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; Seven Pak Rangers killed
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you