Bajrang Dal forces lovers to tie rakhi or get married
Ranchi: Bajrang Dal activists in Jharkhand played the moral police on Valentine`s Day on Monday, forcing lovers in parks and other public place to either tie a rakhi or get married on the spot.
Hundreds of Bajrang Dal activists reached Jubilee Park in the steel city of Jamshedpur and caught lovers. The activists first asked the couples their relation with each other. If a couple said they were in love, they were forced to marry by exchanging garlands.
If a couple said they were just brother and sister, they were forced to tie a rakhi.
In all this, police remained mute spectators. In Ranchi too, activists of the Shiv Sena raided parks and harassed lovers. There were also a few cases of couples being forced to tie the rakhi in Ranchi.
"Love is a pious thing which cannot be exposed in parks and in public places", said a Shiv Sena worker in Ranchi.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah Part II
- Uttarakhand: MBBS students builds toilets in a village in Rishikesh
- Digital detox helps to get rid of smartphones addiction
- Watch: Syrian boys crying, hugging each other after their brother is killed in airstrike
- Scorpene data leak unintentional, navy will address all concerns: Parrikar
- Day/Night Duleep Trophy: India Red crush India Green by 219 runs
- UEFA Europa League Draw: Groups, Fixtures, Top clashes – All you need to know!
- Beware! If you are woman and using elevator alone - WATCH Video
- Power Series Conclave on 'Make in India' organised by The Dollar Business on Aug 24