Bajrang Dal forces lovers to tie rakhi or get married
Ranchi: Bajrang Dal activists in Jharkhand played the moral police on Valentine`s Day on Monday, forcing lovers in parks and other public place to either tie a rakhi or get married on the spot.
Hundreds of Bajrang Dal activists reached Jubilee Park in the steel city of Jamshedpur and caught lovers. The activists first asked the couples their relation with each other. If a couple said they were in love, they were forced to marry by exchanging garlands.
If a couple said they were just brother and sister, they were forced to tie a rakhi.
In all this, police remained mute spectators. In Ranchi too, activists of the Shiv Sena raided parks and harassed lovers. There were also a few cases of couples being forced to tie the rakhi in Ranchi.
"Love is a pious thing which cannot be exposed in parks and in public places", said a Shiv Sena worker in Ranchi.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Afzal Guru row: JNU Students' Union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested
- Missing girl from Ghaziabad, Dipti Sarna returns; reunited with family
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU - Part II
- Watch: How students at JNU showcased anti-India spirit! - Part II
- Kumar Vishwas' birthday bash: Ajit Doval, BJP and RSS leaders attend; Arvind Kejriwal missing
- Afzal Guru row: JNU students union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested by Delhi Police
- Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna reaches home, police and family remain tight-lipped over her recovery
- Was abducted, blindfolded for four hours; Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna narrates her ordeal
- Fitoor movie review: Tabu overpowers, Katrina Kaif, Aditya Roy Kapur leave a lasting impact!