Bandh a flop: NDA
Patna: Today`s Bihar bandh was described as
a "flop" by the ruling NDA, who said incidents of vandalism
and arson during the day proved that RJD, which sponsored the
shut down, wanted the return of `goonda raj`.
"We strongly condemn the incidents of vandalism and
arson during the bandh called by RJD," Deputy Chief Minister
Sushil Kumar Modi said.
State BJP president Radhamohan Singh, JD(U) leaders Shyam
Rajak, Ramchartitra Prasad and Nihora Yadav also condemned the
violence during the bandh.
Singh alleged that several shops were looted and vehicles
were broken by the bandh supporters in different parts of the
The bandh failed to yield response from people, he
LJP and the Left parties supported the 12-hour bandh.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Indian Army avenges Uri with surgical strikes across LoC, heavy casualties
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says