Bandh a flop: NDA
Patna: Today`s Bihar bandh was described as
a "flop" by the ruling NDA, who said incidents of vandalism
and arson during the day proved that RJD, which sponsored the
shut down, wanted the return of `goonda raj`.
"We strongly condemn the incidents of vandalism and
arson during the bandh called by RJD," Deputy Chief Minister
Sushil Kumar Modi said.
State BJP president Radhamohan Singh, JD(U) leaders Shyam
Rajak, Ramchartitra Prasad and Nihora Yadav also condemned the
violence during the bandh.
Singh alleged that several shops were looted and vehicles
were broken by the bandh supporters in different parts of the
The bandh failed to yield response from people, he
LJP and the Left parties supported the 12-hour bandh.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- PM Modi calls meeting to review Indus Waters Treaty today
- Watch: Sushma Swaraj addresses the UN General Assembly
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB 4G mobile services at 1 GB price