Bandh a flop: NDA
Patna: Today`s Bihar bandh was described as
a "flop" by the ruling NDA, who said incidents of vandalism
and arson during the day proved that RJD, which sponsored the
shut down, wanted the return of `goonda raj`.
"We strongly condemn the incidents of vandalism and
arson during the bandh called by RJD," Deputy Chief Minister
Sushil Kumar Modi said.
State BJP president Radhamohan Singh, JD(U) leaders Shyam
Rajak, Ramchartitra Prasad and Nihora Yadav also condemned the
violence during the bandh.
Singh alleged that several shops were looted and vehicles
were broken by the bandh supporters in different parts of the
The bandh failed to yield response from people, he
LJP and the Left parties supported the 12-hour bandh.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Achhe din': Residents of PM Modi's adopted village to get free electricity, work in full swing
- Siachen miracle: Lance Naik Koppad's wife terms her husband's 'news of being alive' as 'rebirth for family'
- See pic: Call for further study after discovery of baboon-like creature on Mars!
- India prays for Siachen survivor Lance Naik Hanumanthappa; PM, Army Chief visit hospital
- Drunk girl creates ruckus in Delhi's Connaught Place; arrested - Watch