Bandh a flop: NDA
Patna: Today`s Bihar bandh was described as
a "flop" by the ruling NDA, who said incidents of vandalism
and arson during the day proved that RJD, which sponsored the
shut down, wanted the return of `goonda raj`.
"We strongly condemn the incidents of vandalism and
arson during the bandh called by RJD," Deputy Chief Minister
Sushil Kumar Modi said.
State BJP president Radhamohan Singh, JD(U) leaders Shyam
Rajak, Ramchartitra Prasad and Nihora Yadav also condemned the
violence during the bandh.
Singh alleged that several shops were looted and vehicles
were broken by the bandh supporters in different parts of the
The bandh failed to yield response from people, he
LJP and the Left parties supported the 12-hour bandh.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Is Pakistan terrified of Yogi Adityanath as Uttar Pradesh CM?
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Should Ram Mandir issue be resolved through mutual understanding?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- This fiery speech by Yogi Adityanath in Parliament on communal riots is setting internet on fire - MUST WATCH
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next