Bandh affects normal life in Gaya and Magadh division
Gaya/Patna: Life was paralysed in Bihar`s Magadh division on Monday in simultaneous bandhs by BJP and RJD to highlight the Nitish Kumar government`s failure to prevent the terror attack in Bodh Gaya that left two Buddhist monks injured in ten blasts - four at the world famous Mahabodhi temple alone.
There were, however, no reports of any untoward incident from anywhere in Magadh division, including Gaya district during the day, police said.
Shops and business establishments remained shut in Bodh Gaya for the better part of the day as bandh supporters took to the streets to enforce it.
The world famous temple town, which otherwise bustled with monks and pilgrims, wore a deserted look as fewer vehicles plied on the roads.
BJP and RJD workers took out processions and raised slogans against the state government blaming it for security lapses that led to the serial blasts in Mahabodhi temple and adjoining areas in Bodh Gaya on Sunday.
In Jehanabad, RJD workers carrying party flags disrupted train services for several hours by sitting on the tracks and even climbed the engine of a Jan Satabdi Express.
Bandh supporters of both parties blocked roads and took out processions shouting slogans against the chief minister in Arwal, Nawada and Aurangabad districts.
In Patna, RJD workers burnt Kumar`s effigies while his former deputy Sushil Kumar Modi held him responsible for the inadequate security measures at the temple and other parts of Bodh Gaya.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- PM Modi calls meeting to review Indus Waters Treaty today
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi