Bank guard foils bid to loot Rs 14 lakh, shot dead in Chapra
Chapra: A security guard employed with a bank was shot dead by armed robbers Monday after he foiled their attempt to decamp with Rs 14 lakh from a cash van in Saran district of Bihar, police said.
The incident took place near Kuchhery More as three motorcycle-borne robbers stopped the cash van of HDFC Bank and tried to loot Rs 14 lakh meant for loading in an ATM, Town Police Station`s SHO Ganesh Thakur said.
The security guard, Shahram Mian (40), who was escorting the cash van, resisted the attempt of the robbers who shot at him before escaping from the spot, he said.
The injured guard was rushed to a government hospital where the doctors declared him dead, Thakur said.
A man hunt has been launched to nab the robbers, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof