Bank guard foils bid to loot Rs 14 lakh, shot dead in Chapra
Chapra: A security guard employed with a bank was shot dead by armed robbers Monday after he foiled their attempt to decamp with Rs 14 lakh from a cash van in Saran district of Bihar, police said.
The incident took place near Kuchhery More as three motorcycle-borne robbers stopped the cash van of HDFC Bank and tried to loot Rs 14 lakh meant for loading in an ATM, Town Police Station`s SHO Ganesh Thakur said.
The security guard, Shahram Mian (40), who was escorting the cash van, resisted the attempt of the robbers who shot at him before escaping from the spot, he said.
The injured guard was rushed to a government hospital where the doctors declared him dead, Thakur said.
A man hunt has been launched to nab the robbers, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Former CM Panneerselvam demands secret voting in Tamil Nadu Assembly
- UP elections in third phase; voting on 69 seats of 12 districts
- RJD strongman Shahabuddin brought to Delhi
- Exclusive: In conversation with Rajnath Singh, Union Home Minister
- DMK, Congress will vote against government formation in Tamil Nadu
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- Pakistan Senate passes Hindu Marriage Bill
- This video of Brett Lee's 143m six is taking internet by storm – Watch Video
- India can meet its energy requirements from Moon by 2030, says ISRO
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley