Bank money in illegal gun making?
Munger: Is bank money in use for
making illegal arms in Munger district of Bihar?
Superintendent of Police M Sunil Nayak said the police
had recently unearthed 14 illegal gun manufacturing units
which might have used bank loans taken under the Prime
Minister`s Rojgar Yojna.
"Investigations are on to ascertain the source of the
money to set up those units," the SP told a news agency.
These 14 units were parts of the 48 illegal gun
manufacturing factories unearthed this year in the Maoist
Munger is known for having a large number of illegal gun
making units producing wide ranging firearms and supplying
those to criminals across the country.
This Rs 20 crore market has its reach even beyond the
country including Nepal and Bangladesh.
Altogether 90 illegal gun-makers were arrested this year
who were engaged in manufacturing pistols, single and double
barrel guns, rifles, cartridges, magazines, carbines,
detonators, shotguns and even AK-47 duplicates among others,
From the busted 48 units, a huge quantity of cartridges
of different bores, 65 pistols, 170 magazines and arms making
materials were seized.
Nayak said, several hundred pistols and carbines could
have been made from the materials seized from just two illegal
gun factories of Shadipur and Dilawarpur localities.
While sixty illegal gun making units were unearthed in
the past four years in Munger, 48 such factories were spotted
by the police this year alone, official sources said.
Two Maoists from Nepal who had come here to buy arms had
been arrested in Munger in 2006, while two Bangladesh bound
consignments were seized from Howrah in West Bengal the next
year, the sources said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan