Bar Council to Bihar govt: Remove Samastipur DDC
Patna: The Bihar State Bar Council on Wednesday urged the state government to take immediate action by removing the District Development Commissioner, Samastipur within a week so that the council did not resort to agitational action, the deadline for which expires on April 28.
Bihar Bar Council officiating Secretary Ashok Kumar said the Deputy Development Commissioner had got advocate Anil Kumar Singh arrested for receiving a fee of Rs 30 for drafting a petition, which the DDC considered as bribe.
Following the incident, the lawyers of Samastipur abstained from work and lodged a complaint against the district officials.
Baleshwar Prasad Sharma, Bihar State Bar Council Chairman said such an incident against the lawyer specially by the administrative and police officials was increasing day by day seriously hampering the discharge of duty by legal professionals.
"In case of failure in action against Samastipur officials, the bar council may decide some agitational action on statewide level on April 29," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- DNA: Will multi-level car parking system across India help reduce traffic jams?
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city