Bar Council to Bihar govt: Remove Samastipur DDC
Patna: The Bihar State Bar Council on Wednesday urged the state government to take immediate action by removing the District Development Commissioner, Samastipur within a week so that the council did not resort to agitational action, the deadline for which expires on April 28.
Bihar Bar Council officiating Secretary Ashok Kumar said the Deputy Development Commissioner had got advocate Anil Kumar Singh arrested for receiving a fee of Rs 30 for drafting a petition, which the DDC considered as bribe.
Following the incident, the lawyers of Samastipur abstained from work and lodged a complaint against the district officials.
Baleshwar Prasad Sharma, Bihar State Bar Council Chairman said such an incident against the lawyer specially by the administrative and police officials was increasing day by day seriously hampering the discharge of duty by legal professionals.
"In case of failure in action against Samastipur officials, the bar council may decide some agitational action on statewide level on April 29," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India vs New Zealand, 3rd ODI: As it happened...
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees
- Tata Sons removes Cyrus Mistry as Chairman; Ratan Tata interim boss for 4 months