Bardhan condemns Bihar minister`s remarks
Patna: CPI general secretary AB Bardhan
on Monday condemned Bihar Minister for Health Ashwini Kumar
Choubey`s controversial remarks in the wake of indefinite
strike threat by junior doctors.
``Choubey`s (chopping off hands) statement is
condemnable and CPI condemns it,`` he told reporters here and
demanded that the state government should hammer out a
solution to the demand of junior doctors if it was just.
Bardhan also disagreed with the minister`s contention
that he had just used a proverb while warning that stringent
punitive action would be taken for medicos who frequently take
recourse to agitation causing hardships to the patients.
Chief Minister Nitish Kumar should take initiative to
resolve the issue, he said.
Castigating the Nitish Kumar government for not fully
utilising the funds under the plan heads, he said it should
concentrate on utilising funds instead of levelling charges
against the Centre.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list