Bardhan condemns Bihar minister`s remarks
Patna: CPI general secretary AB Bardhan
on Monday condemned Bihar Minister for Health Ashwini Kumar
Choubey`s controversial remarks in the wake of indefinite
strike threat by junior doctors.
``Choubey`s (chopping off hands) statement is
condemnable and CPI condemns it,`` he told reporters here and
demanded that the state government should hammer out a
solution to the demand of junior doctors if it was just.
Bardhan also disagreed with the minister`s contention
that he had just used a proverb while warning that stringent
punitive action would be taken for medicos who frequently take
recourse to agitation causing hardships to the patients.
Chief Minister Nitish Kumar should take initiative to
resolve the issue, he said.
Castigating the Nitish Kumar government for not fully
utilising the funds under the plan heads, he said it should
concentrate on utilising funds instead of levelling charges
against the Centre.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Will not allow any political party to join agitation: Hardik Patel
- Swabhiman rally: About Bihar's development or Narendra Modi?
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Militants kill two engineers in Pakistan airport attack