Bardhan hints at Third Front in Bihar
Patna: CPI General Secretary AB Bardhan on Friday hinted at the possibility of emergence of a Third Front for Bihar Assembly polls to be held towards the end of the year.
"Being a political party we have to face elections. At present, we have three alternatives -- to go all alone, to go along with other left parties or to go with other parties together with left allies," Bardhan, who was here to take part in CPI state council, told reporters.
"We will be sitting again towards the end of March or early April and discuss on the issue of nature of alliances for the Assembly polls... Emergence of a Third Front before Assembly polls can`t be ruled out at this stage," he said.
However, he added that CPI`s support to yesterday`s bandh called by RJD and its ally LJP in Bihar should not be seen as the party`s inclination to forge a front with them.
"We have been agitating on the issue of price rise, food security, besides universalisation of the Public Distribution System for a long period. We lent support (to the bandh call) after Lalu Prasad and Ramvilas Paswan sought our support for the agitation," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- Serial child rapist arrested in Delhi, says 'preyed on girls for sexual satisfaction, enjoyed it'
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert