Bardhan lambasts Nitish Kumar
Patna: CPI General Secretary AB Bardhan on Wednesday lambasted Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar saying his Seva Yatra would not be beneficial for people and the Lokayukta Bill passed by the state legislature was `faulty`.
"These yatras at the expense of the state will hardly be
beneficial for the people of Bihar ... Seva Yatra and
Sadbhavana Yatras only prove to be election yatras ... these
do not serve people`s purpose as it do not come in handy in
solving problems," he told reporters here.
On the passage of the Lokayukta Bill, 2011 in the
assembly recently, he said Kumar`s claim of a strong and
effective watchdog was `empty and an eyewash` as the state
government`s representation in the selection committee was
heavier than others.
"Where is the balance in the selection of Lokayukta when
it has representation of state legislative council chairman
and assembly speaker, who are part of the ruling alliance?" he
"When the leader of the opposition has not been
included in the selection committee we don`t think it will be
an independent Lokayukta in Bihar," Bardhan said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: APJ Abdul Kalam's last journey, India bids a tearful adieu
- DNA : Justice delivered; India hangs 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon
- Robert Vadra explains Facebook post, denies insulting Parliament
- Exclusive interview with Usman Majid, MLA, J&K Congress
- 14-year-old pregnant rape survivor allowed abortion by Supreme Court
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- Meeting called by Speaker fails to end Parliament logjam; government indicates all-party meet
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!