Bardhan lambasts Nitish Kumar
Patna: CPI General Secretary AB Bardhan on Wednesday lambasted Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar saying his Seva Yatra would not be beneficial for people and the Lokayukta Bill passed by the state legislature was `faulty`.
"These yatras at the expense of the state will hardly be
beneficial for the people of Bihar ... Seva Yatra and
Sadbhavana Yatras only prove to be election yatras ... these
do not serve people`s purpose as it do not come in handy in
solving problems," he told reporters here.
On the passage of the Lokayukta Bill, 2011 in the
assembly recently, he said Kumar`s claim of a strong and
effective watchdog was `empty and an eyewash` as the state
government`s representation in the selection committee was
heavier than others.
"Where is the balance in the selection of Lokayukta when
it has representation of state legislative council chairman
and assembly speaker, who are part of the ruling alliance?" he
"When the leader of the opposition has not been
included in the selection committee we don`t think it will be
an independent Lokayukta in Bihar," Bardhan said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi