Bardhan lambasts Nitish
Patna: CPI General Secretary A B Bardhan on Wednesday lambasted Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar saying his Seva Yatra would not be beneficial for people and the Lokayukta Bill passed by the state legislature was `faulty`.
"These yatras at the expense of the state will hardly be beneficial for the people of Bihar ... Seva Yatra and Sadbhavana Yatras only prove to be election yatras ... these do not serve people`s purpose as it do not come in handy in solving problems," he told reporters here.
On the passage of the Lokayukta Bill, 2011 in the assembly recently, he said Kumar`s claim of a strong and effective watchdog was `empty and an eyewash` as the state government`s representation in the selection committee was heavier than others.
"Where is the balance in the selection of Lokayukta when it has representation of state legislative council chairman and assembly speaker, who are part of the ruling alliance?" he asked.
"When the leader of the opposition has not been included in the selection committee we don`t think it will be an independent Lokayukta in Bihar," Bardhan said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah Part II
- Uttarakhand: MBBS students builds toilets in a village in Rishikesh
- Digital detox helps to get rid of smartphones addiction
- Watch: Syrian boys crying, hugging each other after their brother is killed in airstrike
- RESPECT! Rio silver medallist sells medal for 3-year-old cancer patient; Harbhajan Singh overawed
- Death toll in Somalia beach restaurant attack rises to 10
- Food allergies linked to higher asthma risk in kids
- Nepal PM Prachanda expands Cabinet, includes 13 ministers from NC
- Lifestyle changes to prevent diabetes can also cut cancer risk: Experts