Bardhan lambasts Nitish
Patna: CPI General Secretary A B Bardhan on Wednesday lambasted Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar saying his Seva Yatra would not be beneficial for people and the Lokayukta Bill passed by the state legislature was `faulty`.
"These yatras at the expense of the state will hardly be beneficial for the people of Bihar ... Seva Yatra and Sadbhavana Yatras only prove to be election yatras ... these do not serve people`s purpose as it do not come in handy in solving problems," he told reporters here.
On the passage of the Lokayukta Bill, 2011 in the assembly recently, he said Kumar`s claim of a strong and effective watchdog was `empty and an eyewash` as the state government`s representation in the selection committee was heavier than others.
"Where is the balance in the selection of Lokayukta when it has representation of state legislative council chairman and assembly speaker, who are part of the ruling alliance?" he asked.
"When the leader of the opposition has not been included in the selection committee we don`t think it will be an independent Lokayukta in Bihar," Bardhan said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- Gurmehar Kaur controversy: Twitter turns into battleground after Virender Sehwag trolls Kargil martyr's daughter
- WATCH: Chris Gayle hits Saeed Ajmal with three huge back-to-back sixes in PSL
- Drunk businessman molests air hostesses on Jet Airways Mumbai-Nagpur flight