BDO commits suicide in Darbhanga
Darbhanga: A Block Development Officer (BDO) allegedly committed suicide by hanging himself from the celing fan in his house at Kabilpur in Bihar`s Darbhanga district, an official said on Friday.
Anant Lal Mandal (50) hanged himself with a towel when he was alone at the house last night, Sub-Divisional Officer (SDO) Pradeep Kumar Gupta said.
His driver Md Qamre Alam found Mandal`s body hanging when he came at about 9.30 AM at the latter`s house for duty, Gupta said.
BDO took the extreme step apparently due to depression, the SDO said.
Mandal, posted as the BDO at Hanumanagar block, had gone missing from his house about six months ago and was subsequently spotted in Samastipur district.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Air India lodges FIR against Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad for assaulting staffer
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why
- Yogi Adityanath meets gang-rape survivor, who was forced to drink acid, at Lucknow hospital; two arrested
- Mohammad Kaif takes a subtle dig at Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad after he hit Air India official with slippers