BDO commits suicide in Darbhanga
Darbhanga: A Block Development Officer (BDO) allegedly committed suicide by hanging himself from the celing fan in his house at Kabilpur in Bihar`s Darbhanga district, an official said on Friday.
Anant Lal Mandal (50) hanged himself with a towel when he was alone at the house last night, Sub-Divisional Officer (SDO) Pradeep Kumar Gupta said.
His driver Md Qamre Alam found Mandal`s body hanging when he came at about 9.30 AM at the latter`s house for duty, Gupta said.
BDO took the extreme step apparently due to depression, the SDO said.
Mandal, posted as the BDO at Hanumanagar block, had gone missing from his house about six months ago and was subsequently spotted in Samastipur district.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- India used 'Cartosat 2c' satellite in surgical strikes against Pakistan
- Panel discussion on Hafiz Saeed's reaction after Indian Army surgical strikes
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read