BDO commits suicide in Darbhanga
Darbhanga: A Block Development Officer (BDO) allegedly committed suicide by hanging himself from the celing fan in his house at Kabilpur in Bihar`s Darbhanga district, an official said on Friday.
Anant Lal Mandal (50) hanged himself with a towel when he was alone at the house last night, Sub-Divisional Officer (SDO) Pradeep Kumar Gupta said.
His driver Md Qamre Alam found Mandal`s body hanging when he came at about 9.30 AM at the latter`s house for duty, Gupta said.
BDO took the extreme step apparently due to depression, the SDO said.
Mandal, posted as the BDO at Hanumanagar block, had gone missing from his house about six months ago and was subsequently spotted in Samastipur district.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- What was Indrani Mukherjea's original plan to murder Sheena Bora?
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'
- PM Modi releases digital version of Ramcharitmanas musical
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das