BDO commits suicide in Darbhanga
Darbhanga: A Block Development Officer (BDO) allegedly committed suicide by hanging himself from the celing fan in his house at Kabilpur in Bihar`s Darbhanga district, an official said on Friday.
Anant Lal Mandal (50) hanged himself with a towel when he was alone at the house last night, Sub-Divisional Officer (SDO) Pradeep Kumar Gupta said.
His driver Md Qamre Alam found Mandal`s body hanging when he came at about 9.30 AM at the latter`s house for duty, Gupta said.
BDO took the extreme step apparently due to depression, the SDO said.
Mandal, posted as the BDO at Hanumanagar block, had gone missing from his house about six months ago and was subsequently spotted in Samastipur district.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ganga river crosses danger mark in UP, Bihar and West Bengal
- NDMC issues notices to President's Estate for mosquito breeding
- DNA: Analysis of how Indian women's success in Olympics changed mindset of our society
- DNA: Analysis of how Indian women's success in Olympics changed mindset of our society- Part II
- DNA: Analysis of loss caused by floods in India
- It's OUT! Love happens at fourth sight, not first
- China warns India over deployment of BrahMos cruise missile in Arunachal Pradesh
- Switch to high speed 4G Jio, stop using Vodafone, Airtel: Reliance to employees
- PV Sindhu, Sakshi Malik, Dipa Karmakar, Jitu Rai to receive Khel Ratna awards
- Kashmir issue can be resolved politically, not judicially: SC