BDO held for graft in Bihar
Motihari: A Block Development Officer (BDO) and a senior clerk were arrested by Vigilance Bureau while they were allegedly accepting a bribe of Rs one lakh at Adapur in Bihar`s East Champaran district.
Acting on a complaint Vigilance Bureau raided a place and arrested the Adapur BDO Arun Kumar Tripathy and a senior clerk when they were allegedly taking a bribe of Rs one lakh from Sudama Sahni for sanctioning their lease for their fishery cooperative yesterday, Additional Director General of Police (Vigilance) PK Thakur said today.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- RJD strongman Shahabuddin brought to Delhi
- UP elections in third phase; voting on 69 seats of 12 districts
- Panel discussion over why SP government is backing Gayatri Prajapati
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating on 'record' Puma deal