BDO held on graft charge
Gaya: A Block Development Officer (BDO) was arrested on Thursday on graft charge from his office in Atari block of Bihar`s Gaya district, official sources said.
Acting on a complaint, a vigilance team arrested Atari BDO Kameshwar Prasad Gupta while accepting a bribe of Rs 25,000 from a Block Pramukh Jagnarayan Singh, the sources said.
Sinha had lodged a complaint with the vigilance department charging the BDO with demanding bribe for sanction of a solar power plant under a development project, the sources said.
Gupta was brought to Patna for interrogation before being produced in a designated vigilance court, the sources added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!