BDO held on graft charge
Gaya: A Block Development Officer (BDO) was arrested on Thursday on graft charge from his office in Atari block of Bihar`s Gaya district, official sources said.
Acting on a complaint, a vigilance team arrested Atari BDO Kameshwar Prasad Gupta while accepting a bribe of Rs 25,000 from a Block Pramukh Jagnarayan Singh, the sources said.
Sinha had lodged a complaint with the vigilance department charging the BDO with demanding bribe for sanction of a solar power plant under a development project, the sources said.
Gupta was brought to Patna for interrogation before being produced in a designated vigilance court, the sources added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajinikanth's 'Kabali' releases early morning at 6 am in Mumbai!
- Jharkhand: Zee Media honors ten environmentalists with Green Warrior Award
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley?
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part II
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part III
- Gujarat Dalit protest: After Rahul, Kejriwal to visit violence-hit Una today
- PM Narendra Modi to lay foundation stone of AIIMS in Gorakhpur today
- Rajya Sabha to vote on bill seeking 'special status' for Andhra Pradesh today
- 'Bunty Chor' - Delhi's high-end car thief arrested; BMW, Toyota Fortuner recovered
- Mayawati slur: Dayashankar Singh may surrender today; wife alleges harassment by BSP goons