BDO held on graft charge
Gaya: A Block Development Officer (BDO) was arrested on Thursday on graft charge from his office in Atari block of Bihar`s Gaya district, official sources said.
Acting on a complaint, a vigilance team arrested Atari BDO Kameshwar Prasad Gupta while accepting a bribe of Rs 25,000 from a Block Pramukh Jagnarayan Singh, the sources said.
Sinha had lodged a complaint with the vigilance department charging the BDO with demanding bribe for sanction of a solar power plant under a development project, the sources said.
Gupta was brought to Patna for interrogation before being produced in a designated vigilance court, the sources added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- Pak High Commission staffer grilled for spying, asked to leave India
- Panel discussion on the need of Pakistan's ambassador in India
- Ceasefire violations by Pak: Should India carry out surgical strike part-II?
- DNA: Zee Media's campaign to celebrate Diwali with soldier's family
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- Pakistan declares Indian High Commission official persona non grata, asks him to leave country
- VIRAL VIDEO: Damn cute! Why this 9-week-old's full head of hair is shocking the internet - WATCH
- UPA govt thought of attacking Lashkar HQ, training camps after 26/11 strike, claims ex-NSA Shivshankar Menon