BDO held on graft charge
Gaya: A Block Development Officer (BDO) was arrested on Thursday on graft charge from his office in Atari block of Bihar`s Gaya district, official sources said.
Acting on a complaint, a vigilance team arrested Atari BDO Kameshwar Prasad Gupta while accepting a bribe of Rs 25,000 from a Block Pramukh Jagnarayan Singh, the sources said.
Sinha had lodged a complaint with the vigilance department charging the BDO with demanding bribe for sanction of a solar power plant under a development project, the sources said.
Gupta was brought to Patna for interrogation before being produced in a designated vigilance court, the sources added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Olympic bronze medallist Sakshi Malik returns home from Rio to grand welcome!
- Rahul Gandhi takes U-turn, says never blamed RSS for Gandhi's assassination
- Secret documents on Indian Navy's Scorpene-class submarine leaked
- PM Modi's photos, Indian flags raised during massive protests in Balochistan
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy?
- Saradha scam: ED summons P Chidambaram's wife Nalini
- Half the town is gone, says Amatrice mayor as 6.2-magnitude earthquake strikes central Italy; toll rises to 14
- Katrina Kaif and Varun Dhawan to go dancing in 'ABCD 3'?
- Gadkari to meet FM Jaitley today for vehicle scrapping policy
- Hot scoop! THIS actress has replaced Alia Bhatt in Rohit Shetty's next?