BDO, Inspector held for graft
Patna: A Block Development Officer and an
Inspector of Police were arrested by Bihar Vigilance Bureau
while they were accepting bribe in Bihar`s Rohtas and Buxar
districts on Tuesday, vigilance sources said.
Acting on a complaint, a vigilance team led by its
deputy Superintendent of Police, Hari Mohan Shukla raided the
official quarter of the Block Development Officer Bhavnand Jha
and caught him from his residence at Shivsagar in Rohtas while
he was accepting a bribe of Rs 20,000 allegedly from Indira
Awas Yojana beneficiaries, sources said.
A Police Inspector Sidheshwar Prasad was caught by a
separate vigilance team while he was taking Rs 8,000 from a
villager Rangnath Dubey for bestowing him an undue favour in a
criminal case at Dumraon in Buxar district, they said.
Both the officials were being brought here for
interrogation at the Vigilance Police Station here.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Rahul Gandhi's and Congress' Twitter accounts hacked: Who's behind it?
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Watch - Parrikar's reply to Mamata's military coup claim
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 4.7 crore cash in Rs 2000 notes! Biggest seizure in new currency post demonetisation - What I-T recovered from Bengaluru, Chennai and Erode
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Scam? 'Aam Aadmi Party using Delhi Transport Corporation to exchange Rs 500, Rs 1,000 notes'