BDO, Inspector held for graft
Patna: A Block Development Officer and an
Inspector of Police were arrested by Bihar Vigilance Bureau
while they were accepting bribe in Bihar`s Rohtas and Buxar
districts on Tuesday, vigilance sources said.
Acting on a complaint, a vigilance team led by its
deputy Superintendent of Police, Hari Mohan Shukla raided the
official quarter of the Block Development Officer Bhavnand Jha
and caught him from his residence at Shivsagar in Rohtas while
he was accepting a bribe of Rs 20,000 allegedly from Indira
Awas Yojana beneficiaries, sources said.
A Police Inspector Sidheshwar Prasad was caught by a
separate vigilance team while he was taking Rs 8,000 from a
villager Rangnath Dubey for bestowing him an undue favour in a
criminal case at Dumraon in Buxar district, they said.
Both the officials were being brought here for
interrogation at the Vigilance Police Station here.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Watch: Reports on final deal of M-777 tanks between India and America
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- Gujarat man who disclosed Rs 14,000 crore unaccounted wealth goes missing
- Rahul Dravid heaps praise on Virat Kohli, R Ashwin; calls duo modern cricket legends